Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Individuals looking to get started in the sales field or those in related roles who want to learn more about sales so they can interface with the sales team more effectively.
About the course
Launch Your Career in Sales
Sales is at the very heart of any business. To be competitive in today's market, sales professionals need a complex set of skills and knowledge to understand their customers' needs and offer winning solutions.
In this three-course certificate program, you'll get a grounding in the sales-specific knowledge and interpersonal skills needed to succeed in business-to-business (B2B) sales roles. You'll learn about every step in the sales process and how to work effectively with the rest of the sales organization to meet your goals. Walk away with the ability and confidence to pitch your product or service to potential customers — then listen and collaborate to close the deal.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- How to manage leads and move from prospecting and presenting to overcoming obstacles and closing
- Ways to apply principles of psychology and interpersonal communication to connect with prospective customers and provide effective consultation
- Techniques for organizing and tracking your sales efforts and daily workflow and using analytics to prioritize opportunities and measure success
- How to leverage industry tools to manage the sales process and collaborate with internal stakeholders
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Engage in role-plays with classmates and industry professionals to simulate the customer and team interaction needed to be successful in sales
- Use industry-standard sales tracking and documentation tools
- Practice sales-related activities through the practicum experience
Sanket Akerkar is an experienced high-technology sales executive who has significant experience growing businesses and teams across the globe. Most recently, Sanket was the senior vice president of the Fleet and Insurance Business for Nauto. Sanket was responsible for sales, marketing and servic...
Tony Jackson has 12 years of experience leading software sales teams at high-growth startups and through successful IPOs at Tableau Software, MongoDB and Snowflake, which recently became the largest software IPO in history in September of 2020. In Jackson’s current role as regional director of ...
Brian Selby was most recently the senior vice president of worldwide sales operations and chief operating officer. He led the groups responsible for defining go-to-market strategy (GTM) and delivering sales support capabilities (e.g., sales readiness, sales planning and incentive comp) at Tableau...
Jennifer Loy is a former technology sales executive and manager with 15 years of broad-based industry experience. She has worked with organizations ranging from small and medium-sized businesses to Fortune 100 companies. Her emphasis is in applied technology applications and consulting to improve...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.