Who should attend
This course is designed for restaurant owners, managers, and operators; foodservice professionals responsible for their organization's financial performance; hospitality professionals, and executive chefs.
About the course
Strategic restaurant revenue management is a critical ingredient in your recipe for profitability. But using a proven system to manage key variables has impacts beyond revenue — it has a ripple effect on customer service. Creating optimal table mixes and pricing helps you meet customer needs better than ever before.
This certificate program consists of five two-week courses that cover the fundamentals of successful revenue management, providing practical guidance for implementing a restaurant revenue management strategy. You’ll learn to optimize occupancy, table mix, meal duration, reservations and pricing, as well as use proven processes to diagnose operational problems and improve the customer service experience. Finally, you’ll have the opportunity to bring your new knowledge together with a collection of tools for implementing a revenue management strategy that boosts profits depending on whether your restaurant is busy or slow.
The courses in this certificate will equip you to...
- Calculate critical revenue and occupancy metrics and other data to determine baseline restaurant performance
- Strategically manage and improve menu items based on their profit margin and sales volume
- Determine the optimal table mix in your restaurant to maximize revenue from the available space
- Design your space to increase guest satisfaction and restaurant productivity
- Develop strategies to manage meal duration when the restaurant is busy to increase revenue without rushing guests
- Maximize the use of your distribution channels, using online reservation and ordering systems to build your customer base and increase revenue when your restaurant is slow
- Identify pricing strategies that balance profit with perceived fairness
This certificate has 5 online courses requiring ~50 hours to complete.
- Building Demand During Slow Periods
- Introduction to Restaurant Revenue Management
- Managing Meal Duration and Reservations
- Menu Design and Engineering
- Optimizing Restaurant Space and Pricing
Participants who successfully complete all 5 courses in this certificate series will receive a Certificate in Restaurant Revenue Management from Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration.
Education Qualifications PhD, Operations Management, University of Texas at Austin, 1987 MBA, New Mexico State University, 1983 MA, Public Administration, University of Virginia, 1977 AB, Political Science and Mathematics, University of Missouri, 1975 Academic Experience Visiting Professor, Na...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.