Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Individuals who want to obtain an instant immersion into the project management field
- Individuals interested in developing a better understanding of how project management methodologies can improve project success—whether the projects are large or small
- Functional managers and team members in IT, Operations, Finance, Quality, Engineering, etc. who must work on integrated project teams
- Individuals who are responsible for managing multiple small projects that are undertaken simultaneously and changing on a regular basis
- Practicing project managers who want to take their skills to a higher level
- Managers and directors who want to effectively implement innovation initiatives
- Senior managers with oversight responsibilities for multiple projects
About the course
This course is a practical, hands on immersion in project management concepts and application—perfect for employees new to project management or those who have experience with the discipline but not formal training. We use exercises, simulations, cases and Microsoft Project to prepare you to manage projects in your company.
Organizations value effective project managers for their ability to integrate the best practices of project management with enterprise-wide initiatives in areas such as innovation, continuous improvement, new product introduction, and transformational change.
Earning a Project Management Certificate from Georgia State University will make it possible for you to manage projects in a wide range of contexts including product development, marketing initiatives and process improvement across a wide range of industries.
Learn from the Best
The GSU Certificate Program in Project Management is designed and taught by Richard H. Deane, PMP, PE, Ph.D, a world-class project management professor and practitioner with over 30 years of project management teaching and consulting experience. Dr. Deane is one of the most highly rated professors teaching in Georgia State University’s executive education programs, and offers real-world project management wisdom based on his practical experience leading small and large-scale projects as a consultant, both nationally and internationally.
- Initiate a project by identifying project objectives and requirements, then write a concise project charter
- Employ a structured process for identifying and managing project stakeholders
- Organize the project via a project work breakdown structure and network diagram
- Estimate activity durations and generate a project schedule including the critical path
- Strategically balance project duration, cost, and scope objectives
- Develop a project resource plan and budget
- Monitor and control the progress of a project during execution
- Develop and implement a project risk management plan
- Master the unique leadership and conflict resolution skills required to lead a project team
- Gain proficiency in applying Microsoft Project© as an important tool in both project planning and project monitoring and control
Richard H. Deane, PMP, PE, Ph. D.Dr. Deane is professor emeritus in the Department of Managerial Sciences at the Robinson College of Business. His main interest is in the practical application of project management principles. Richard consults for organizations such as the Centers for Disease Con...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.