Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Salespeople and sales teams seeking to engage prospects with transformative stories. Position your product’s value through a compelling narrative instead of a disconnected set of product features.
- Instructors and educators striving to make concepts more memorable — whether in-person or through online videos. Increase your students’ recall of the right information through simple, time-tested techniques.
- Faculty members and researchers looking to present their research findings persuasively and with authority. Challenge your peers to engage your arguments or attract potential funders for further research projects.
- Anyone desiring to improve their presentation skills, moving from the fundamentals, to the digital tools, to application through practice.
About the course
How do some presenters cause us to hang on their every word while others are less memorable? How do some use digital tools so effortlessly while others struggle to make the tech work? How do seasoned presenters naturally “set the stage” — regardless of the venue — and ensure the audience truly receives their message?
What could happen if you not only knew the answers, but had the guidance to develop these presentation skills for yourself?
How could the trajectory of your career or business change for the better?
UC Irvine’s Paul Merage School of Business and The Claire Trevor School of Arts have carefully selected a small team of masters in presentation design to guide you through a new eight-week program.
- Grasp the fundamentals of crafting a story that’ll captivate your audience and form a deep connection with them.
- Get practice analyzing a variety of presentations, identifying what works (and what doesn’t) and why.
- Learn how to apply your analysis back to nearly any situation — interviews, negotiations, sales pitches, business presentations, speaking engagements, and even weekly team or department meetings.
- Discover a fresh set of digital tools to make your presentations easier to produce and with greater visual appeal.
- Receive detailed, meaningful feedback on your own presentations by the very same instructors who developed the program.
- Convenient — Easily access all learning materials (e.g., videos, handouts, templates, discussion threads) through one, simple online platform.
- Doable depth — Insightful content from decades of research and experience distilled into a compact, eight-week program.
- Network building — Connect with your instructors and fellow participants through live webinars via Zoom. Attend to ask questions in real-time or watch the recorded versions later at your convenience.
- Recognized credentials — Receive a fully-endorsed certificate from UCI's Paul Merage School of Business & Claire Trevor School of the Arts.
- Design and Delivery Fundamentals for Presenters
- Presenting Using Digital Tools
- Presenting for Business
- Capstone with Critique and Feedback
MBA, USC; BA, UCI Corporations, non-profits, universities, and religious institutions call on Sasha’s company to help create and communicate their brand’s reason to believe. Sasha Strauss is a branding industry veteran, with two decades leading brand strategy programs worldwide. In 2006, Sasha f...
Andrea is the Associate Director and designated Master Teacher of Knight-Thompson Speechwork™. She is Head of Voice & Speech at Cal State University, Long Beach, training mid-career actors in a unique Performance Pedagogy MFA program and serving an exciting and diverse undergraduate BA progra...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.