Certificate in Municipal Management and Leadership Program
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Alberta School of Business.Full disclaimer.
The Certificate in Municipal Management and Leadership (CMML) develops municipal leaders by increasing their capacity to lead people, teams, departments, and organizations. As a participant of this program, you will gain a deep understanding of yourself as a leader.
You will learn to shift your focus from day-to-day tasks to strategically achieving the organization’s business goals while managing change and stakeholder expectations through effective leadership. Throughout the program’s duration, you will form long-lasting networks with like-minded managers from across the province, which will prove themselves valuable as your learning continues in your future day-to-day.
- Explore leadership challenges in municipal government and apply leadership theory to actual case scenarios.
- Explore the ethical behaviors municipal managers should demonstrate to maintain the trust and confidence of the public.
- Analyze leadership style preferences against requirements of the role.
- Assess leadership communication strengths and opportunities.
- Explore how to manage change and deliver results in an increasingly challenging manner.
- Through the use of a variety of tools and models, learn to understand behavior patterns in others, explore the impact of communication and Emotional Intelligence on others, and use instruments to effectively coach constituents.
Who should attend
- You are a mid-level manager (or above) who leads one or more teams, groups or departments.
- You are interested in further developing effective management and leadership skills in a municipal setting.
You face competing priorities and want to learn how to make more informed decisions that benefit all stakeholders.
This course is for public administration professionals, not suitable for elected officials.