Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This certificate is ideal for new and experienced middle managers from service-based organizations; managers and leaders from functional areas who are responsible for serving external and internal customers; and individuals belonging to service-oriented organizations ranging from hotels and restaurants to healthcare facilities, financial institutions, small businesses, and retail establishments whose staff or unit is responsible for providing a consistent and high level of service.
About the course
Great service is not merely a customer benefit; it’s a competitive differentiator in any industry. The courses in this certificate program leverage today’s leading customer service strategies to prepare you to establish a culture of service excellence that raises the standard of service for your organization, business unit, division, or team.
You’ll learn to assess the market needs for the service provided by your organization and develop the leadership competencies needed to create a consistent culture of empowerment and continuous improvement that will inspire exceptional service, every time, everywhere.
The courses in this certificate will equip you to…
- Define and plan a culture of service that delivers on the needs of the market
- Assess key personal competencies and employ effective strategies for facilitating a strong service culture
- Practice principles of Servant Leadership and create a listening environment
- Establish key organizational processes to ensure service excellence in the customer experience
- Foster continuous improvement and employee empowerment by applying practices that inspire, develop, and reinforce outstanding customer service delivery
This certificate has 5 online courses requiring ~50 hours to complete.
- Delivering an Excellent Customer Experience for Your Organization
- Developing Service Excellence Competencies
- Developing a Culture of Empowerment
- Fostering a Culture of Service Excellence
- Practicing Servant Leadership
Participants who successfully complete all 5 courses in this certificate series will receive a Certificate in Leading a Culture of Service Excellence from Cornell University's School of Hotel Administration. Participants will also receive .6 Professional Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for each course that is successfully completed.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.