Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Merage School of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Essential Business Knowledge for Empowerment in the New Paradigm
The healthcare value chain is undergoing major transformation. Traditional education and training has not prepared healthcare professionals for this new environment. In response to this need, the Office of Executive Education at top-ranked UC Irvine's Paul Merage School of Business presents the prestiguous Certificate in Leadership for Healthcare Transformation. Now is the time for clinicians and administrators to acquire new skills and frameworks necessary to thrive and lead in tomorrow's healthcare landscape.
As the healthcare paradigm shifts from “Fee for Service” to “Fee for Value,” it is critical for professionals throughout healthcare and related industries to understand the new relationships and navigate them confidently.
The CLHT program prepares participants to be leaders throughout the healthcare transformation by:
- Analyzing healthcare delivery as an integrated value chain
- Increasing understanding of the healthcare industry and current environment
- Providing knowledge, skills, frameworks, and tools to drive change and solve unprecedented challenges
- Enhancing ability to collaborate and operate cross-functionally
- World-class Merage School faculty pair with highly experienced, healthcare industry executive practitioners to deliver relevant and practical modules through highly interactive sessions
- Program-specific Educational Container website enhances the learning experience
- An orientation dinner plus five full days of instruction (one full day scheduled approximately once per month)
- Two modules per program day, delivered on the UCI campus
- Valuable networking opportunities throughout the program
- Approximately 70 hours of learning with forty hours of interactive classroom instruction and facilitation
- Transformational Leadership
- Business Strategy
- Change Management
- Critical Thinking & Decision-Making
- Finance for Non-Financial Managers
- Value Proposition
- Best Practice Business Processes
- Strategic Value from Information Technology
- Conflict Management
"Dedicated Program Website" - Interactive Resource
Students engage materials and each other through a web-based Educational Container that enhances the learning experience before, during, and after each module. Pre-readings, extended reference libraries, videos, and additional materials are available around the clock to students. Interactions with peers, faculty, executive practitioners, and program staff are enhanced by chat, blog and posting capabilities. During the program, students maximize the value of their learning through interactive dialogue and group activities. After the program has ended, students have ongoing access to the full multimedia reference library, enhancing their ability to apply their learning in the service of enterprise initiatives as well as their own career development.
Pre-Work (2-4 hours)
- Introductory video
- Learning objectives
- Pre-module assignments
- Online quiz
Interactive Classroom Learning (4 hours)
- Academic faculty and executive practitioners co-design an co-teach module
- Recorded sessions for review
- Resources to enable transfer of learning to the workplace
- Reference Library
- Topical and timely articles
- Optional online chats and discussions
- Lifetime access to most current program videos and materials
Trust the experts
Sanjeev Dewan is a professor of information systems at the UCI Paul Merage School of Business and is the Faculty Director of the Master of Science in Business Analytics program. Prior to joining UCI in Fall 2001, he served on the faculties of the business schools at the University of Washington, ...
Chris Bauman's research addresses how people make sense of and respond to their social environment, including the individuals, groups, and organizations with whom they interact. One line of his research focuses on how individuals determine issues of ethics and fairness. This work includes studies...
Maritza Salazar Campo
Professor Salazar joined The Paul Merage School of Business in 2016 as an Assistant Professor of Organization and Management. Her research focuses on learning and innovation in teams and organizations. Her scientific research yields novel insights that enhance the competitiveness of firms, the ef...
Dr. Lisa Barron is a faculty member of Organization and Management at The Paul Merage School of Business, University of California, Irvine. She teaches creativity, negotiation, communication, organizational behavior and leadership. Lisa has received twenty teaching awards for her negotiation, str...
Romilla Batra, MD, MBA, is a lecturer in The Paul Merage School of Business at UC Irvine. Additionally, she serves as a volunteer faculty for UC Irvine's School of Medicine. Currently, Dr. Batra is the Chief Medical Officer for the SCAN Health Plan where she is responsible for key strategic and q...
John Joseph is an Associate Professor of Strategy at the University of California Irvine’s Paul Merage School of Business. John received his PhD from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. He also holds an MBA from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. John h...
Mireille Jacobson is a health economist and nationally recognized expert on Medicare cancer payment policy. She has received grants from the National Institute on Aging, the National Cancer Institute, the National Institute on Child Health and Development, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and ...
Christopher Schwarz’s research interests include the management, disclosure, and operational risk of the investment fund industry and the impact of manager incentives and structure on investment fund performance. His research has been published in such leading academic journals as the Journal of ...
Dr. Feaster is Chief Medical Information Officer at CHOC Children’s Hospital. He came to CHOC in 2012 from Stanford University and Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital. Dr. Feaster has been involved in Information Technology for over forty years, and has helped several hospitals where he’s worked i...
Eric Van Horn
Eric is the Chief Business Officer of Landmark. Eric was most recently Senior Vice President and General Manager of CareMore Health Plan, a managed health care company specializing in the Medicare market. Eric was accountable for the profit and loss of all CareMore product lines, including Chron...