Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with UW Professional & Continuing Education.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Secure Company Information From Serious Threats
Keeping vital business data safe and secure is one of the biggest IT challenges any organization faces. Professionals with high-level information security training are in great demand as businesses develop strategies and processes for keeping their systems safe from attack.
In this three-course certificate program, you’ll examine key concepts in this rapidly evolving field. We’ll survey the major types of threats and how they can be mitigated. You’ll evaluate the costs and benefits of various security approaches. Develop the ability to create and implement comprehensive risk management programs for organizations of all sizes.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Security strategies relating to issues such as privacy, legal and regulatory compliance, social and geopolitical impacts, national security and evolving technologies
- Best practices for protecting mobile workforces, developing security metrics, managing electronic evidence, handling e-crime and e-discovery, and securing information in the cloud
- How to develop and maintain risk assessments and risk management plans
- Standards for business continuity and disaster recovery planning
- Techniques for designing information assurance strategies
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Serve as an information security consultant to a local organization
- Work on real-world scenarios using state-of-the-art Cyber World Institute software
Start and finish your program with the same group of students, with frequent opportunities to interact with your instructors and classmates along the way. Courses are 100 percent online, with set due dates for assignments but no class meetings
Who should attend
IT professionals and those who work in data security and risk management or those who are interested in information security and risk management.
Trust the experts
Research Interests Information Assurance (IA), cybersecurity, digital forensics: Integrating experience in academia, industry and government, I apply a multi-disciplinary approach to research questions and curriculum development that address the unintended consequences of society’s embrasure of ...
Mr. Johnson was recently appointed to the position of Chief Information Security Officer for Los Angeles County, California. In this position he is responsible for countywide information security strategy, oversight and incident response. He held the position of Chief Information Security and Pri...
Morgan Zantua is the director of workforce development for the University of Washington Bothell's Center of Information Assurance and Cybersecurity and a research scientist for the UW's Applied Physics Laboratory. She has collaboratively constructed transition models placing members of the milita...
UW Certificate in Information Security & Risk Management