Who should attend
- Security professionals with 0-3 years’ experience
- IT Professionals with some responsibility for information security
- Leaders & Managers with wider information security responsibility
- Those looking to begin a career in the information security sector
- University students currently studying cyber security or a related field
- Company employees who wish to contribute to their business’s security maturity
About the course
This intensive two day bootcamp will cover all the basics of information security management principles and provides a quick route to get you CISMP exam-ready and certified.
CISMP provides a solid foundation, upon which a successful information security career can be built. It is particularly valuable to those working in the public sector, as it is part of The Certified Professional (CCP) Scheme (formerly known as the CESG Certified Professional Scheme).
Attendees will gain a solid understanding of risk management, technical controls, legal frameworks, physical security, international standards and business continuity.
Designed and delivered by a trainer accredited to deliver BCS, GCT & PECB courses, the course will cover all aspects of the CISMP syllabus. Attendees will also have an opportunity to network with cyber security peers at a similar level.
The benefits of completing the CISMP course for the individual include:
- Increased earning potential for CISMP qualified individuals. This could range from between £40,000 and £60,000 according to surveys.
- Undertaking a course that is recognised internationally in the IT industry and includes complimentary BCS membership should you later pass the exam.
- Opportunity to network with other professionals and those who already work in cyber security
- A great foundation for the start of a career in the Information Security management sector
- Starting point for the building of IT knowledge, other courses, such as CISSP and CISM, can be completed in succession to improve prospects
The benefits of completing the CISMP course for a business include:
- Identification of security issues, resulting in decreased risk and increasing the businesses’ security maturity
- Increase in efficiency as threats to security are recognised more readily and delegates know how to deal with them
- Boost competitive advantage by becoming cyber essentials certified and effectively protect business and customer data.
- Information Security Principles
- Information Risk
- Information Security Framework
- Procedural & People Security Controls
- Technical Security Controls
- Software Development & Lifecycle
- Physical & Environmental Security
- Business Continuity & Management & Disaster Recovery
- Other Technical Aspects
- CISMP Exam Preparation
- Information risk;
- Information Security frameworks,
- People security controls;
- Technical security controls;
- Physical and environmental controls;
- Disaster recovery
- Business continuity
- Other technical aspects
- Real-life examples regarding information security
Anthony Daly is Managing Director of Seiber Ltd, a Welsh based Cyber Security company who provide consultancy and training services to both the public and private sector in the UK and abroad. He brings over 16 years’ experience from the Royal Navy where he specialised in Cyber Security. He ha...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.