Certificate in HR Cybersecurity
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Human Resources & Labor Relations.Full disclaimer.
Cyberattacks pose a real and increasing danger to every employer, regardless of size or industry. While financial services have the greatest number of security incidents, every employer, from small hometown restaurants to international manufacturers, are at risk. Protecting the organization from ransomworms and data breaches must be a whole-of-business priority, as the loss in dollars and trust can cost employers millions of dollars every year.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Build strategies to prevent spear phishing and whaling attacks
- Discover how information you post on social media, blogs, and apps can be used against you
- Develop secutiry practices for traveling for work with a work computer
- Identify the dangers of using open public wifi and external media
- Learn about current threats and trends in cybersecurity
HR'S UNIQUE ROLE
HR maintains sensitive employee data, data that is appealing to hackers. Protecting this data must be part of the standard operating procedure of every HR professional as they collect and maintain employees' social security numbers, full names, addresses, and dates of birth. One HR professional accessing these records on the free wi-fi at the airport can lead to a catastrophic breach, one that costs the employer hundreds of thousands of dollars in notifications and lost employee trust.
Attend this program to minimize the risk and mitigate the impact of cyberattacks by developing develop a culture of cybersecurity.