Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This certificate series is designed for hospitality professionals working in every function of their organization from human resources and finance to marketing and foodservice. This certificate is also ideal for someone who is new to hospitality or who wishes to move into the hospitality field.
About the course
A hospitality management career means that you are involved in every aspect of your property’s many moving parts. From the front of the house to the back, you need a firm grasp on finance, marketing, and managing employees to succeed. Build your credibility and learn how to manage a world-class operation with a foundation in essential industry best practices and skills.
By taking this certificate program, you will learn how to improve in your role as a hospitality manager by developing strategies that can be applied to your teams in the workplace.This program covers a wide range of content, from building a loyal guest base to finances to team building, giving you a set of skills needed to be successful in a management role. Knowing how to handle multiple facets of the hospitality industry will help you manage your organization to its fullest potential as well.
Whether you are a manager currently, positioning yourself for a management position or have recently been promoted, make your mark today by learning from experts in the School of Hotel Administration at Cornell University, one of the world’s most prestigious hospitality schools. You can finish all of the courses in this program and earn your certificate in as little as three months, spending about three to five hours per week.
The courses in this certificate will equip you to
- Describe hotel revenue management and its benefits
- Assess the role of marketing in your organization
- Understand principles of financial statements
- Identify online sources of financial information
- Create strategies to develop a high-functioning team
- Identify service recovery strategies that satisfy guests and prevent problems from occurring again
- Apply a knowledge of the chain scale segments to the business models, operating strategies, and everyday operational routines of a specific hotel, or to an individual’s business activities or decisions
- Articulate the importance of, and engage effectively in, the key aspects of service delivery and service recovery in each stage of the guest experience, from pre-arrival through to departure
This certificate has 6 online courses requiring ~40 hours to complete.
- Building Guest Loyalty
- Building High Performance Teams
- Introduction to Hotel Operations
- Introduction to Hotel Revenue Management
- Services Marketing Planning and Management
- Understanding Financial Statements
Students who successfully complete all six courses in this certificate program receive a Hospitality Management Certificate from Cornell University's School of Hotel Administration.
Participants will also receive .6 Professional Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for each course that is successfully completed.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.