Who should attend
This certificate is designed for hospitality professionals working in revenue-generating roles, or marketing professionals with up to two years of online or new media marketing experience.
About the course
Marketing includes the numerous ways you communicate, differentiate, and reinforce your hospitality brand promise to potential customers. The world of new media hospitality marketing is opening doors no one knew existed, driving customer engagement, feedback, and endorsements faster than ever. Become an expert now or get left behind.
This certificate consists of five two-week courses that provide you with fundamental hospitality marketing concepts and principles, focused on the world of new media marketing. Through best practices and industry case studies, you’ll contextualize these concepts and lay a solid foundation for applying them to your workplace. You can complete all of the courses in this program and earn your certificate in as little as three months, spending five to seven hours per course.
The courses in this certificate will equip you to…
- Assess the role of marketing in your organization
- Identify how your organization can best counter the challenges associated with marketing for services
- Discover how to make pricing more variable
- Know how to react to customers’ perceptions of fairness regarding pricing policies
- Understand how online travel agents provide value for consumers and suppliers alike
- Effectively use search engine marketing
- Create a promotional plan for a hospitality product or service
- Design your own effective, product-specific advertising campaign
- Maintain and enhance customer value
- Organize your firm for long-term competitiveness
This certificate has 5 online courses requiring ~30 hours to complete.
Please note in this series Marketing the Hospitality Brand MUST be taken prior to Hospitality Customer Engagement.
- Implementing Brand Strategy Through Digital Media
- Marketing the Hospitality Brand Through Digital Media
- Pricing Strategy and Distribution Channels in Hotel Revenue Management
- Search Engines and Online Selling: Stimulating Incremental Demand
- Services Marketing Planning and Management
Participants who successfully complete all 5 courses in this certificate series will receive a Certificate in Hospitality Digital Marketing from Cornell University's School of Hotel Administration.
Participants will also receive .6 Professional Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for each course that is successfully completed.
Education Qualifications PhD, Operations Management, University of Texas at Austin, 1987 MBA, New Mexico State University, 1983 MA, Public Administration, University of Virginia, 1977 AB, Political Science and Mathematics, University of Missouri, 1975 Academic Experience Visiting Professor, Na...
Biography Rob Kwortnik, associate professor of services marketing, joined Cornell''s faculty after earning his PhD in business administration from Temple University in 2003. He also earned a BA in journalism from Temple and an MBA from California State University, Northridge. Kwortnik''s research...
Chris K Anderson is a Professor at the Cornell School of Hotel Administration. Prior to his appointment in 2006, he was on faculty at the Ivey School of Business in London, Ontario Canada. His main research focus is on revenue management and service pricing. He actively works with industry, acros...
Dr. Carroll is a Clinical Professor (ret.) at the School of Hotel Administration. For more than twelve years he has taught economics, pricing and marketing distribution courses at the undergraduate, graduate and executive education level. He holds a B.A. degree in economics from Rutgers, an M.S. ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.