Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is designed for busy professionals from all levels of the oil and gas industry who wish to achieve global business success.
- Individuals working in the oil and gas industry who seek a greater understanding of the fundamentals in the global oil and gas business.
- People making the transition from technical roles to managerial positions, where a broader knowledge of the business is essential for their career advancement.
- New employees and support staff of your oil and gas organization wanting to gain a broader understanding of the business side of oil and gas.
- Business students studying the oil and gas industry and looking for a comprehensive global learning experience.
About the course
Thunderbird Online’s Certificate in Global Oil & Gas Management is designed to provide you with a well-rounded, global understanding of the ever-changing oil and gas industry. Management styles and strategies in the global oil and gas industry are in constant flux. In this era of increased industry consolidation and heightened competition, the dynamics of international business are in full force.
Thunderbird Online's Certificate in Global Oil & Gas Management focuses on the business of the Upstream, Midstream and Downstream segments of the industry. You will have the opportunity to analyze and understand global oil and gas strategies, and position your organization as a leader in this dynamic, global competitive landscape. Immerse yourself in this Thunderbird Online certificate, and gain a thorough understanding of today’s global energy marketplace, and how it directly relates you as an integral part of the overall oil and gas value chain.
The Certificate in Global Oil & Gas Management is divided into five content categories:
- Global Oil & Gas: Value Chain and Geopolitics of Oil
- The Upstream: Exploration, Development and Production
- The Midstream: Markets and Transportation
- The Downstream: Refining and Marketing
- The Future Oil & Gas Industry
Your certificate is composed of 12 modules developed by Thunderbird faculty and delivered via the Thunderbird learning environment. Each module runs approximately 120 minutes.
- Pre-assessment questions to test your knowledge of the provided book chapter(s).
- Interactive exercises and business case studies that actively engage you and reinforce content.
- Video presentations by Thunderbird faculty and subject matter experts.
- Real-world business challenges for you to experience and address global business issues.
- Post-assessment questions to test your knowledge of the topics covered in the module.
Andrew C. Inkpen is professor of management and the J. Kenneth and Jeanette Seward Chair in Global Strategy at Thunderbird. His research focuses on global strategy, the management of multinational firms, and the management of strategic alliances and international joint ventures. In recent years h...
Michael H. Moffett is an associate professor of finance and holds the Continental Grain Professorship in Finance at Thunderbird School of Global Management. He also is the academic director of the school’s Thunderbird International Consortia, partnership programs among globally focused companies ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.