Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Thunderbird’s Executive Education is geared toward business associates and emerging leaders who require a well-rounded business education.
Potential participants include:
- Working Professionals — Improve your marketability in today's competitive global marketplace
- Experienced Executives — Further expand your knowledge in a specific business focus area
- Potential Degree Candidates — Get a sample of the top-ranked Thunderbird degree curriculum
About the course
Understanding the unique challenges, opportunities and success strategies of the global financial market takes sophisticated, comprehensive instruction in all matters of global finance. Thunderbird's Executive Certificate in Global Finance provides you the background knowledge, tools, conceptual understanding and hands-on skills to succeed in the world of global finance. Whether your goal is to incorporate these skills into your current career, or position yourself for a transition into global finance, this three-course online professional development program will give you the confidence and capability to conduct business globally with secure, smart and success-based finance strategies.
- Develop tactics for extracting information from financial statements in order to analyze the operating, investing and financing activities of a company.
- Understand the intricacies of managing a firm's working capital in an efficient manner.
- Define effective strategies for applying various techniques to value securities and capital projects.
- Learn the fundamentals of foreign exchange, the parity conditions and the various foreign currency exposures faced by multinational firms.
- Determine how to identify and manage various country risks.
- Recognize and learn to apply techniques for efficiently managing short-term assets and liabilities in a global setting.
- Focus on understanding the necessary skills and strategies for effectively analyzing a capital project across borders.
- Identify the importance and usefulness of a thorough financial analysis to a global manager and company stakeholders.
You will earn the Executive Certificate in Global Finance and learn how to make critical global management and leadership decisions through content delivered in the following three courses:
- Applied Financial Management
- Multinational Financail Management
- Elective Course
Lena Booth is associate dean of academic programs, a finance professor and academic director of the online Master of Global Management (MGM) program at Thunderbird. She teaches strategic financial analysis, corporate financial management, global financial management, and advanced topics in financ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.