Certificate in Food and Beverage Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Hotel Administration.Full disclaimer.
In this certificate program, you will learn key concepts, strategies, and practical skills necessary for managing, owning, and operating a successful restaurant, bar, or other food and beverage business.
Develop confidence in your ability to manage your business’s finances and learn key operational functions like menu design, income statement analysis, pricing, margin analysis, supply chain management, guest service processes, and employee engagement and performance.
The courses in this certificate will equip you to…
- Evaluate and design menus that will improve your customer satisfaction and profitability
- Optimize your selection, procurement, receiving, storage, and inventory management processes
- Define, measure, and improve the guest experience
- Analyze your income statement to make informed decisions and optimize your operational processes
- Reduce costs and improve quality, productivity, guest satisfaction, and profitability
This certificate has 6 online courses requiring ~37 hours to complete.
This certificate is earned upon completion of five required core courses and one elective course. Outcomes will vary depending on the elective course selected.
- Building Guest Loyalty
- Leading your Team to Optimize Results
- Managing your Food and Beverage Supply Chain
- Optimizing Your Food and Beverage Menu
- Utilizing Income Statements and Operational Data
Elective Courses (1 Courses)
- Adding Value with Special Events
- Operating a Profitable and Responsible Beverage Program
- Understanding Financial Statements
Participants who successfully complete all 6 courses in this certificate series will receive a Certificate in Food and Beverage Management from Cornell University's School of Hotel Administration. Participants will also receive .6 Professional Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for each course that is successfully completed.
Who should attend
This certificate is ideal for individuals involved in the operation and financial performance of a restaurant or food and beverage service, from line-level employees through general management; individuals who are new to the food and beverage industry and need to learn more about the specifics around restaurant operations; and students from every continent and from a diverse range of organizations, including franchisees, managed service contractors such as stadiums or arenas, hospitals, airlines and caterers. Students who do not work in restaurants but need to be conversant in operations of food and beverage providers will also benefit from this course.