Certificate in Financial Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Alberta School of Business.Full disclaimer.
This 3-day course is part of the 12-day Management Essentials Program. While the course is designed to be independent in nature, please consider whether maximum value can be obtained by taking it as part of a broader program
In any organization, analyzing problems and making critical decisions is closely linked to accessing and understanding key financial data. Increasingly, managers, executives and professionals from non-financial backgrounds must understand the language of finance in order to make effective decisions. This learning experience will provide a practical, hands-on grounding in the essentials of finance and budgeting –demystifying financial statements, providing essential tools, measures, and concepts in a clear business context. This three day course is composed of the following one day modules:
- Business Case Development
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Managing Financial Performance
- Evaluate alternatives and make decisions that add to your company’s success.
- Apply financial management techniques for improved decision making.
- Interpret financial reports and statements.
- Understand how managerial decisions affect the entire organization’s finances.
- Communicate more effectively with accounting and finance personnel.
Who should attend
- Mid-level to senior managers in non-financial areas or those needing a refresher on current financial tools and concepts
- Small business owners and entrepreneurs
- Professionals such as engineers, lawyers and consultants