Certificate in Executive Business Administration
This 5-day Management Development programme is a taster of a Masters in Business Management – Delivered by the University of Salford’s Business School tutors.
Designed for senior executives and managers aspiring for senior roles from all functions across industry.
This programme is ideal for executives seeking to improve their knowledge across a wide spread of advanced skill sets. It offers delegates a challenging and rewarding experience that will equip them with the advanced skills and knowledge they need to succeed in their chosen profession.
Helping you take your career to the next level and giving you maximum impact on your career with minimum time away from the workplace.
We also run this course in London.
About the Salford Business School Certificate in Executive Business Administration
The Certificate in Executive Business Administration programme has been developed by Salford Business School (SBS) to meet the demands of today’s current and aspiring global business leaders. It will give professionals a strong understanding of the core business principles and the skills required to be successful in business and beyond.
Blending academic principles and practical insights to provide a deep insight into the professional environment and specifically to engender the key skills that employers look for in their senior management.
How will I benefit?
Executives and Managers of all levels often use this programme as a springboard since it focuses on the key four pillars of today's business; strategy, marketing, finance and human resources. It has been designed to foster a broad range of business skills that are in high demand across all areas of industry. Delegates will be equipped with the knowledge, skills and tools to operate effectively in today’s rapidly changing global business environment.
This course will leave delegates with the confidence to implement key business skills, helping them to excel in their professional life and adding significant value to their current employers/businesses.
Why choose CEBA?
The SBS CEBA programme is highly participative, focusing on real business and industry issues. The programme is designed to give you a critical understanding of the key competency areas required for success within business – enabling you to make more informed and commercially viable strategic decisions. Through business simulation techniques you’ll maximise competency development and ensure any ideas on strategic implementation can be tested and appraised.
Course themes and topics
The course has two main themes – ‘Managing the competitive environment’ and ‘Managing organisational resource’:
Managing the Competitive Environment: This module aims to develop knowledge of the major areas of business external to organisations and to develop an understanding of how such aspects can influence senior management strategic decision making. As such, the relationships and interdependencies of strategic management, marketing and economics, and how these are key to managing a successful organisation are considered and analysed.
Managing the Organisational Resource: This module aims to develop knowledge of the major areas of business which underpin the internal configuration and management of organisations. As such, the relationships and interdependencies between the key areas of Human Resource Management, Organisation Theory, Finance and Operations Management are analysed in order to develop a holistic understanding of general management within the contemporary organisation.
Certificate in Business Administration (CEBA) is a comprehensive programme of academic and practical professional development, at the end of which you’ll be armed with the knowledge and skills to succeed
An Introduction to Leadership and Development
- Company strategy
- External Environment
- Making decisions on your company strategy – what to consider
- Shaping the future of the business
Delivering customer Value
- 4 p’s
- Product Positioning
- Life Cycle
- Brand Development
Search & Social Media in your business
- How is the business impacted by digital media
- How are the directors involved in shaping digital strategy
- SEO/Social Media
- Reputation Management
- Company Finance Structure
- Financial Reports and Reporting
- Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss
- Importance of Cash Flow
- Planning a strategy for the wider organisation
- How to bring divisions together
CEBA is designed to equip you with many of the key insights, comprehensive management practices, benchmarks and business strategy tools taught in leading MBA courses - rapidly preparing you to handle new scenarios as a manager while strengthening professional performance, confidence and decision-making abilities.
Benefits of attending the CEBA Programme
- Capture many key learning points of an MBA course with a fraction of the time and cost
- Broaden your horizon and gain a well-rounded business acumen
- Gain exposure to best practices and benchmarks beyond your industry
- Discard outdated approaches and learn up-to-the-minute strategies
- Sharpen your ability to make decisions in a complex business environment
- Go from ideas to action with practical exercises and group project
- Take away effective tools and processes for immediate impact on the job
- Gain access to advice from an outstanding faculty team even after the programme
- Connect with an exceptional peer group from diverse industries
- Achieve a better understanding of your people, your products, and your business – giving you an unparalleled view of where your organisation stands, its strengths and future growth opportunities
- Have a solid platform on which to make strategic, technical, financial and management decisions that are reliable, well-grounded and commercially viable
- Gain a clear picture of the business world and its future direction, with forecasts, timelines and analysis from the experts
- Learn best practice leadership techniques and how they can be applied within industry
- Become fully equipped to take on new challenges and progress within your organisation
- Gain lifetime membership to our CEBA Alumni Network. You will join an exclusive club, in which you can readily share ideas and expertise with like-minded colleagues