Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
Organizational leaders face the constant challenge of making ethical choices in difficult times. In two content-rich days, this certificate in Ethics & Compliance will deliver insights into how organizations are responding—and should respond—to today’s ethical challenges. This multi-disciplinary certificate program designed for compliance, legal and financial professionals will strengthen credentials and give an immediate edge while building knowledge for higher levels of responsibility.
Participants will have the opportunity to meet and network with other compliance professionals, SMU faculty, and C-suite executives. Attendees will receive a certificate of completion from SMU's Cox School of Business, Dedman School of Law's Robert B. Rowling Center for Business Law and Leadership, and the Cary M. Maguire Center for Ethics and Public Responsibility. This program qualfies for Texas Continuing Legal Education (CLE) and Corporate Compliance Board CEU credit.
Session topics include:
- Leveraging Regulatory Guidelines and Best Practice Guidance to Enhance your Compliance Program
- Privacy vs Safety: Apple’s Ethical Dilemma
- Leading Practices in Assessing Your Ethics & Compliance Program
- Technology Assisted Investigations: Best Practices and Ethical Considerations
- Becoming a Leader in Ethics & Compliance
- Role of the Board of Directors in Ethics & Compliance
- Fostering an Ethical Culture: Insights into the Best Practices of Leading Organizations
- Two Idiots: The Response that Goes Wrong – Navigating a Cyber-breach
- What “Whistleblowing” Really Means and How Culture in a Company Affects the Perception of Whistleblowing
Bio Dr. Shane Goodwin is the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs and an Adjunct Professor of Finance at the Cox School of Business at Southern Methodist University. Additionally, Dr. Goodwin leads The Applied Corporate Governance Institute at The Center for Global Enterprise, a nonprofit, nonpa...
Eric F. Hinton is the inaugural Director of the Robert B. Rowling Center for Business Law & Leadership and an adjunct professor of law at SMU Dedman School of Law. He has over 10 years of experience teaching international business law, European Union law, and ethics and compliance at SMU Dedm...
Rita Kirk is a senior research professor, award winning teacher and experienced administrator with a passion for aligning resources with innovation, empowering ideas and building coalitions in order to successfully implement strategic initiatives. A frequent commentator and speaker, she excels as...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.