Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This certificate is appropriate for anyone from analyst to SVP-level who is looking for a deeper understanding of how to perform the statistical analyses that support key business decisions. Course content draws on examples across all business types.
About the course
As organizations increasingly rely on data to drive strategic business decisions, data analytics is among today’s fastest-growing and highest-paid professions.
Whether you are gathering data or analyzing it to make recommendations, this certificate is designed to provide functional literacy in critical business analytics. The courses are accessible to learners with limited or no statistical background, yet also structured to provide benefit to analysts who interface directly with raw data. You’ll learn statistical and scientific methods for data analysis through hands-on exercises and video instruction from Cornell Hotel School Professor Chris Anderson, preparing you to make sound, evidence-based decisions that drive business performance in any function.
The courses in this certificate will equip you to…
- Create and interpret statistical summaries and data visualizations that support understanding and guide decision making
- Use data and key performance indicators to build a dashboard that uses visuals to improve your understanding of complex business situations
- Formulate a business question as a scientific hypothesis that can be tested using statistical methods
- Create and validate regression models that can be used to determine the effect of attributes on a decision and predict likely outcomes
- Use data to describe and reduce uncertainty in decision making
This certificate has 3 online courses requiring ~30 hours to complete.
The 3 courses in this certificate should be taken in the order they are listed. The courses are not available as stand-alone courses and should only be taken as part of this certificate.
- Implementing Scientific Decision Making
- Understanding and Visualizing Data
- Using Predictive Data Analysis
Participants who successfully complete all 3 courses in this certificate series will receive a Certificate in Data Analytics from Cornell University’s SC Johnson College of Business.
Participants will also receive .6 Professional Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for each course that is successfully completed.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.