Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is ideal for analysts, developers, data scientists, functional managers, consultants, any professional that uses data to make business decisions.
About the course
R is now considered one of the most popular analytics tools in the world. In this certificate program you will develop the skill set necessary to perform all key aspects of data science efficiently. The courses cover the application of core analytics concepts in the R programming environment to allow a scalable implementation.
You’ll learn techniques for manipulating and visualizing data, describing data through descriptive statistics, and clustering. You’ll extend these basic reporting approaches through classification and predictive analytics using traditional parametric models (regression and logistic regression) as well as machine learning techniques. In addition, you’ll develop linear, nonlinear, and Monte Carlo decision-making models that will allow you to make more informed decisions.
This certificate has 3 online courses requiring ~72 hours to complete.
Participants who complete this course will be able to…
- Understand, model and visualize data using R
- Make predictions for qualitative and quantitative dependent variables using R
- Efficiently use the full breadth of parametric and non-parametric predictive data models in R
- Develop models to make complex, large-scale decisions through the use of mathematical approximations such as optimization (linear, nonlinear, dynamic programming) and Monte Carlo simulation using R
- Clustering, Classification, and Machine Learning in R
- Predictive Analytics in R
- Prescriptive Analytics in R
Participants who successfully complete all 3 courses in this certificate series will receive a Certificate in Data Analytics in R from Cornell University’s SC Johnson College of Business.
Participants will also receive 1.5 Professional Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for each course that is successfully completed.
Chris K Anderson is a Professor at the Cornell School of Hotel Administration. Prior to his appointment in 2006, he was on faculty at the Ivey School of Business in London, Ontario Canada. His main research focus is on revenue management and service pricing. He actively works with industry, acros...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.