Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This certificate is appropriate for anyone from analyst to SVP-level who is looking for a deeper understanding of how to perform the statistical analyses that support key business decisions. Course content draws on examples across all business types.
About the course
Data analytics is one of today’s fastest-growing and highest-paid professions, as organizations increasingly rely on data to drive strategic business decisions.
This certificate is designed to expand your analytical capabilities and take your strategic decision making to the next level. These courses will delve into more advanced techniques in prescriptive analytics including optimization and modeling. In these additional targeted courses, you’ll learn how prescriptive analytics allows you to not only predict what will happen, but suggest actions for achieving predicted outcomes based on the interdependent effects of multiple decisions. Through hands-on exercises and video instruction from Cornell University faculty expert Chris Anderson, you’ll learn how to combine data visualization, predictive models, and prescriptive analytics to increase the accuracy of your predictions and make better, more agile business decisions.
Whether you’re an analyst or a senior executive, this certificate is designed to enhance functional literacy in critical business analytics and take your decision making to the next level. You’ll learn scientific methods for data analysis and visualization and gain a more complete understanding of risk and probability, using statistical models to optimize outcomes for complex—and often simultaneous—business decisions.
The courses in this certificate will equip you to…
- Create and interpret statistical summaries and data visualizations that support understanding and guide decision making.
- Use data and key performance indicators to build a dashboard that uses visuals to improve your understanding of complex business situations.
- Formulate a business question as a scientific hypothesis that can be tested using statistical methods.
- Create and validate regression models that can be used to determine the effect of attributes on a decision and predict likely outcomes.
- Use data to describe and reduce uncertainty in decision making.
- Incorporate uncertainty and risk into decision models.
- Use data models to predict outcomes in complex situations with multiple, simultaneous decisions.
This certificate has 5 online courses requiring ~50 hours to complete.
The 5 courses in this certificate should be taken in the order they are listed. The courses are not available as stand-alone courses and should only be taken as part of this certificate.
- Implementing Scientific Decision Making
- Modeling Uncertainty and Risk
- Optimization and Modeling Simultaneous Decisions
- Understanding and Visualizing Data
- Using Predictive Data Analysis
Participants who successfully complete all 5 courses in this certificate series will receive a Certificate in Data Analytics 360 from Cornell University’s SC Johnson College of Business.
Participants will also receive .6 Professional Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for each course that is successfully completed.
Biography Chris Anderson is a professor at the Cornell School of Hotel Administration. Prior to his appointment in 2006, he was on faculty at the Ivey School of Business in London, Ontario, Canada. His main research focus is on revenue management (RM) and service pricing. He actively works with i...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.