Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Schulich Executive Learning Centre.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Extensive interactive individual and group exercises ensure your mastery of all seven essential communication modules:
This effective business communication course teaches you strategies, such as best practices; your communication style in action: adapting your technique; interpersonal success skills; communicating up, down and across your organization; presenting information vividly; managing difficult conversations; and business storytelling techniques. Benefit from expert guest speakers throughout the program.
You’ll develop vital professional strategies to communicate effectively with senior leadership, managers, clients and frontline staff. Learn how to find, nurture and deliver the stories that get people working together, facilitate sharing of knowledge and engage your listeners. Apply your new expertise in real time toward current work challenges.
Effective Communication Strategies: Best Practices
- Apply behaviours and techniques that exude self-confidence and esteem to improve your professional image and interactions with others
- Practice and facilitate effective listening and communication
- Communicate confidently with professionals from other cultures
Effective Communication Strategies: Techniques
- Master the keys to excellent communication: observe, listen, analyze, plan, communicate
- Identify your own personal needs and customize your message to ensure you get what you need from the communication
Assert yourself: Communicating Up, Down and Across your Organization & with all your Clients
- Structure messages to enable others to engage in the communication and take appropriate action
- Create mutually beneficial work relationships based on clear expectations and deliverables
- Manage emotions during conversations to stay focused on the content of the discussion
Critical Conversations – In Action
- Use specific communication techniques to demonstrate understanding and interest
- Body language cues and how to leverage relationships for mutual understanding and results
- Assess and adapt messages to others’ communication and learning style preferences
Resolving & Managing Conflict with Grace
- Communicate skillfully with managers, employees, and customers in any situation
- Take responsibility for communicating new ideas and innovations
- Build a professional image with self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-concept
- Break down barriers between team cooperation and organizational effectiveness
Effective Meeting Management
- Professionally lead your meetings using 9 team facilitation techniques
- Organize productive sessions that are welcomed by staff
- Set clear outcomes with pre-meeting and post-meeting action items
- Quickly diffuse conflict and in-fighting that can derail a great meeting
- Keep your group engaged using a variety of meeting types and styles
Business Story Telling
- Uncover your stories: create business meanings and your repertoire
- Use a variety of question types to explore the opinions and insights of others
- Persuade others with emotionally-charged stories
- Create and deliver polished business stories for you to use throughout your career
- Listen more effectively through improved empathetic thinking
- Developing your personal story: Who am I? Why am I here? What’s my vision?
Who should attend
This program benefits professionals who are interested in developing a complete and comprehensive business communication skill set.
Trust the experts
Biography Diana Kawarsky specializes in business communications for Schulich’s Executive Education Centre, York University. In addition, she is a facilitator, adult educator, coach and management consultant with Fortune 500 companies throughout North America. Her experience spans nearly 20 years...