This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Communication is vital in every aspect of our lives. The aim of the course is to enable participants to be aware of their personal communication preference styles, the styles of others, as well as the communication features of Introverts and Extroverts. The goal is for delegates to develop their Communication Intelligence.
The purpose is to become more effective communicators in their roles as leaders and managers.
The outcomes of the course are:
Delegates will have an awareness of communication preference styles: o Understanding the four communication preference styles (Style 1: Rational, Style 2: Structured, Style 3: Expressive, Style 4: Visual).
- Knowledge of their own communication preference style using feedback provided by the Communication Preference Style Survey (CPSS).
- Understanding of the combinations of communication preference styles.
- Ability to build on the strengths (and overcome potential problems) associated with their particular communication preference style.
- Insight into cultural communication background and approaches.
- Awareness of the communication preference styles of others
- Understanding how our personal communication styles reveal themselves to others. This includes the use of nonverbal (body language), paraverbal (voice) and visual communication signals.
The communication features of introverts and extroverts: o Understanding the personality characteristics of Introverts and Extroverts.
- Understanding how these personality characteristics influence communication.
- Knowledge of their own personality type from the assessment results.
- Awareness that Introverts and Extroverts are found in all of the four communication preference styles.
And, an understanding and application of communication intelligence:
An understanding the “Communication intelligence” model that integrates four mindsets (awareness, message, presence, format) and four clusters of communication techniques and qualities that are closely associated with the communication preference styles.
- Applying the “communication intelligence” model to improve communication by the use of techniques from all four clusters including those that are natural (from their preference styles) and learnt techniques from the other clusters.
Who should attend
Applicants should normally be in possession of an NQF6 qualification. In the event that participants have no formal qualification, RPL based on managerial and work experience (minimum 3 years), will be applied.