Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
This Commercial Real Estate program provides learners with the knowledge and skills they need to understand the integral components of the commercial real estate business. Participants acquire a robust overview of the development process, project planning and management, investment and financing decisions, property valuation, property management and the cycle of tenancy, and real estate asset management. Ultimately, you will obtain practical guidance and analytical tools to enhance your career and improve your ability to develop successful real estate projects. Familiarity with Microsoft Excel is strongly recommended.
The courses in this certificate will equip you to…
- Plan a financially feasible development project using the real estate development process.
- Create a real estate development project schedule, budget, and process for managing resources and risks.
- Develop a real estate investment strategy, estimate profitability, and choose the best way to raise capital.
- Structure private equity and debt financing to maximize returns on real estate investment deals.
- Maintain real estate properties using best practices in facilities and tenancy management.
- Develop a real estate asset management strategic plan to meet or exceed owner goals.
This certificate has 6 online courses requiring ~36 hours to complete.
- Financing Real Estate Investments
- Introduction to Commercial Real Estate Development
- Leading Successful Property Management Operations
- Managing Real Estate Development Projects
- Optimizing Asset Management Strategies
- Real Estate Investment Decisions
Participants who successfully complete all 6 courses in this certificate series will receive a Certificate in Commercial Real Estate from Cornell’s SC Johnson College of Business. Participants will also receive .6 Professional Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for each course that is successfully completed.
Who should attend
This certificate is ideal for professionals with financial or operational responsibility for real estate, investments, or financing; asset management professionals; people working for or aspiring to work for real estate funds, REITs, real estate developers, or real estate advisory firms.
Trust the experts
Biography Jeanne Varney is a lecturer at the Cornell School of Hotel Administration. She resides in the property development and management department, where she is responsible for the curriculum in Hospitality Facilities Management, Hospitality Asset Management, Sustainable Development, and Int...
Recent Courses HADM 4580/HADM 6580 - Advanced Project Management for Real Estate Development HADM 6990 - Graduate Special Studies Project I HADM 2550 - Hospitality Development and Planning HADM 3510 - Hospitality Facilities Design HADM 4570/HADM 6570 - Project Management for Hospitality Real Es...
Jan de Roos
Professor Jan A. deRoos, on the faculty of the Hotel School since 1988, has devoted his career to hospitality real estate, with a focus on the valuation, financing, development, and operation of lodging, timeshare, and restaurant assets. He holds B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees from Cornell Univers...
Commercial Real Estate Certificate from Cornell University