Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Professionals with some SQL and database experience who want to develop and expand their skills in the design and implementation of databases and BI infrastructure. Those interested in BI data analysis should consider taking our Certificate in Data Analytics: Techniques for Decision Making.
About the course
Business intelligence is a discipline that relies on ready access to a huge volume of stored data in well-structured databases. In this three-course certificate program, you’ll learn how to build and manage the databases and infrastructure for your organization’s business intelligence operations. We’ll explore the entire life cycle of database development, from defining business requirements to analytical reporting. You’ll learn how to create, program and manage traditional relational and the newer non-relational databases, and we'll cover the ETL process — how to extract, transform and load data from one database to another. You’ll also find out how to build effective internal administrative dashboards and manage both on-site and cloud databases. It will all come together in a comprehensive final project that you can add to your professional portfolio.
What you’ll learn
- Methods for building professional end-to-end BI solutions, including planning, documentation and reporting
- How to choose between architectures when building an advanced analytical BI solution
- Key terms and concepts of BI (snowflake and star schemas, OLAP, dimension and measures and more)
- Best practices for using Microsoft SQL Server, Integration Services and Analysis Server
- How to assess implications for data scale and security
Get hand-on experience
- Architect, build, deploy and manage end-to-end BI solutions using a variety of technologies (SQL, No-SQL, on-site and cloud)
- Create and refine data warehouses, ETL processes and reporting infrastructure
- Implement BI projects that involve the construction of various data structures
Randal Root is a senior consultant specializing in .NET programming, SQL Server business intelligence solutions and technical education. Although he’s been teaching network and database administration since 1998, he primarily focuses on Windows, Web and database programming along with business in...
Broad experience base, entrepreneurial spirit. High level of business acumen and leadership qualities, motivated to build the planet's next great business. Current and prior roles require expertise in database analysis, engineering, and data science. As such responsibilities include preparing an...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.