Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is appropriate for marketers, brand managers, communications professionals, business leaders and executives, PR professionals, and entrepreneurs.
About the course
Brand management has become one of the most important aspects of business strategy. Brands are often a central organizing principle of successful organizations — guiding decisions and actions. Whether you’re a brand marketer, business leader, or entrepreneur, this certificate program provides an essential framework to build and manage a great brand.
Through the coursework, you will define the foundational building blocks for your brand purpose by understanding the target audience and crafting integrated marketing communications. You’ll identify opportunities and threats that affect your brand’s market position and determine potential strategies to capitalize on opportunities to strengthen your brand’s position. You’ll then create a brand positioning strategy for your market, and identify various vehicles for marketing communications that would effectively reach the brand’s target market. Finally, you will explore brand assessment and management strategies for the allocation of resources to ensure brand performance is optimized and brand objectives are met.
The courses in this certificate will equip you to...
- Develop your brand's values, personality, purpose, and positioning statement
- Analyze market trends to identify significant challenges and opportunities for your brand
- Build a brand strategy to activate the brand in a competitive marketplace
- Optimize a brand’s position in the brandscape through positioning mapping
- Create a brand plan based on a thorough analysis that positions the brand to deliver on marketing objectives
- Maximize brand activation through superior consumer engagement
- Assess the progress the brand is making based on data and performance indicators
This certificate has 6 online courses requiring ~60 hours to complete.
- Brand Activation
- Brand Measurement
- Brand Planning
- Brand Positioning
- Brand Purpose
- Brand Strategy
Students who successfully complete all six courses in this certificate program receive a Brand Management Certificate from Cornell SC Johnson College of Business.
Participants will also receive .6 Professional Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for each course that is successfully completed.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.