Who should attend
A professional who is seeking to advance their career in the field of commercial real estate. A currently enrolled graduate student of the Merage School of Business, or other UCI school (School of Social Ecology, Law, Engineering, Education, etc.). A currently employed professional seeking to sharpen their practical skills and understanding of the financial and legal implications of commercial real estate transactions. (classes are in the late afternoon). Employees at lending institutions (banks), developers; brokerage firms, law firms, asset management companies, property management companies, real estate consulting and service firms, seeking higher education and specialized training in the field of commercial real estate.
About the course
Obtain analytical tools and practical guidance to enhance your career and improve your ability to develop successful real estate projects by gaining an in-depth appreciation and understanding of the technical and legal sides of commercial real estate transactions.
This four-day graduate level course provides you a robust understanding of the necessary legal and technical sides of any real estate transaction in California. Starting with the actual purchase, the attendee will learn step-by-step how the transaction progresses through:
- Cost Estimation
- Design and Architecture
- Financing and Loan Documentation
- Loan Security
- Purchase and Sale Documents
- Survey and Engineering Impact
- Title and title insurance
You’ll get hands-on exposure to forms and procedures that experts in each of these fields use daily. And, learn the “why” behind the procedures and forms used so that you can confidently interact with attorneys, title officers, architects, and civil engineers, and others whose work is critical to successful real estate development.
- Learn and understand what forms and documents underlie commercial real estate transactions; purchase and sale agreements, escrow instructions, title policies, architectural plans, survey, and lending documents
- Gain an in-depth appreciation and understanding of how developers and landowners use consultants, lawyers, and engineers in creating and completing major developments
- Create your own library of essential templates, examples and procedures to use in development projects of your own
The Law Offices of Paul J. Weinberg provides comprehensive legal services for landowners, as well as owners of shopping centers, apartment buildings, industrial buildings and multi-family units. Our services include related financing, title, contract and drafting of leases and construction contra...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.