Who should attend
This OXFORD online training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Project managers and other professionals
- Finance directors, chief financial officers (CFOs), controllers and treasurers responsible for the financial management of the organisation,
- An any other financial and non-financial managers who wish to improve, refresh, and update their understanding of financial information analysis and their application to effective decision-making
About the course
You may think your financial knowledge and know-how are adequate and up-to-date – but it probably is not!
This OXFORD online training course will update and develop your skills of analysing financial information and the key risks faced in today’s uncertain economic, political, and physical global business environment. It will guide you through the key steps of cash forecasting, identifying alternative financing sources, evaluating new investments, and business valuation.
Throughout this course, you will be able to relate your learning to real-world issues and problems. You will develop your ability to improve cash flow and profitability and generate value through acquiring the financial skills and technical knowledge that will enable you to manage more effectively.
By the end of this OXFORD online training course, you will be able to:
- Integrate the working capital cash operating cycle into the development of cash flow forecast models
- Evaluate the alternative sources of long-term financing and their costs and the weighted average cost of capital (WACC)
- Apply the vital technique of discounted cash flow (DCF) for capital project investment appraisal using next present value (NPV), internal rate of return (IRR), modified internal rate of return (MIRR), and equivalent annual cost (EAC)
- Consider the range of reasons for business valuation and apply alternative valuation models.
- Use the analytical tools to evaluate business and financial risk, and manage interest rate and foreign currency exchange rate exposure risk
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Among a wide range of valuable topics, the following will be prioritised:
- Statistical tools, techniques, and models to analyse and forecast financial data
- The importance of cash flow versus profit
- The working capital operating cycle and cash flow forecasting models
- Sources of internal and external financing, cost of equity, cost of debt, and the weighted average cost of capital (WACC)
- Capital project investment decision-making and appraisal using accounting rate of return (ARR) and payback, and the DCF methods of net present value (NPV), internal rate of return (IRR), modified internal rate of return (MIRR), and equivalent annual cost (EAC)
- Capital project risk assessment using sensitivity analysis, scenario analysis, and simulation
- The reasons for business valuation, and evaluation of the range of alternative business valuation models
- Predicting financial distress and corporate failure
- Uncertainty and risk – business risk and financial risk
- Mitigating and minimising financial risk: insurance and hedging of exposures to interest rate and foreign currency exchange rate fluctuations
OXFORD e-Certificate will be provided for delegates who successfully completed the online training course
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.