Who should attend
This course is designed for treasury and finance professionals who are responsible for or involved in cash flow forecasting and seek to learn the best techniques available in times of uncertainty.
About the course
Learn how to forecast cash flows through hands-on Excel methods and worked case studies
Timezone: 09:00 BST/12:00 GST/16:00 SGT
Accurate cash flow forecasts have always been essential to treasury. Covid-19 has brought cash flow forecasting front and centre as liquidity dries up and uncertainty rises dramatically. This course uses hands-on Excel methods to help you understand the mathematical techniques used to forecast cash flows, and worked case studies to demonstrate how to use them. New features for 2020 and the exceptional circumstances of Covid-19 include scenario planning to handle extreme uncertainty and next generation cash flow forecasting tools.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Make accurate cash flow forecasts to manage:
– Bank balances day by day
– Subsidiary funding month by month
– Group level cash needs
– Foreign exchange exposures
- Use integration with APIs and file transfer
- Statistically forecast cash flows from available historical and forecast data
- Evaluate existing CFF models and processes and design new ones
- Determine the best system solutions for your CFF needs, taking into consideration your current IT ecosystem
- Cash positioning
- Subsidiary funding and defunding
- Group level funding and defunding
- Foreign exchange exposure
- System integration for cash flow forecasting
- Statistics for Cash flow forecasting
- Cash flow forecasting model and process design and evaluation
- Systems used for cash flow forecasting
- Simply dial-in to the sessions from your desk
- Email access to your tutor between sessions
- Homework assignments and/or group exercises with tutor feedback
25 years of management and treasury experience David Blair, Independent Treasury Consultant, Singapore David Blair has 25 years treasury experience, starting his career with Price Waterhouse, then founding ABB’s World Treasury Centre in Switzerland. After setting up Nokia’s global treasury centr...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.