Case Study Workshop (Project Management)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
This final course in the Project Management Professional (PMP) series allows you to apply the principles of project management to an experiential, real case study. Demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to effectively manage a project in a simulated environment of challenges, stress, and troubling vendor relations. Learn to build and use key project-management documents. The unique challenges of projects are emphasized and groups get to compare their strategies and learn from the shared experience.
What You Will Learn
- Project management principles
- Precedence diagrams
- Critical path method
- Scope planning
- The work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Risk response management
How You Will Benefit
- Apply project management processes and techniques to a real-life project.
- Identify the critical phases of managing a successful project.
- Exercise sound techniques for planning, estimating, tracking and controlling projects.
- Develop a project charter and use it as a key political tool.
- Develop clear project definitions and establish a change-control process.
- Identify constraints and methods for dealing with them.
- Develop a work breakdown structure and build a project schedule.
- Estimate project costs by identifying and quantifying cost drivers.
- Identify and analyze risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Implement risk strategies in meeting the challenges of vendor management.
- Employ scheduling techniques to minimize schedule variance.
- PRINCIPLES OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- SCOPE PLANNING
- DEVELOPING THE WORK BREAKDOWN STRUCTURE
- RESPONDING TO RISKS
- PRECEDENCE DIAGRAMS
- CRITICAL PATH METHOD
- BUILDING AN EFFECTIVE SCHEDULE
- DEVELOPING A PROJECT BUDGET
- IDENTIFYING PROJECT MILESTONES
- GETTING THE WORK DONE
- MANAGING STAKEHOLDERS
- VENDOR MANAGEMENT
- RISK RESPONSE MANAGEMENT
- CONTROLLING VARIANCE
Who should attend
This course is designed for seasoned project managers interested in refreshing their skills while earning PMI-approved PDUs, professionals charged with managing large, complex projects or smaller, more tactical projects, and project managers tasked with completing projects on time and on budget, without sacrificing quality. Project managers, technical team leaders, managers, and anyone completing the PMP® series will also benefit from this course.