Who should attend
- Executives and senior leaders of business units or in corporate roles
- Senior commercial managers or analysts
- Business development and strategy executives
- Executives in advisory or consulting roles working with business leaders
- Executives wanting to achieve strategic financial goals
About the course
Maximise value and optimise growth potential
The Capital Allocation Strategies course gives participants an understanding of how to allocate capital resources within a business, to maximise value and optimise growth potential. Using strategic and corporate finance frameworks, you will be equipped to drive strategies for growth, portfolio restructuring and performance improvements for your organisation.
Effective capital allocation strategies are a key issue for any business. They require the ability to understand the links between strategy, financial dimensions and organisational processes, such as remuneration, project valuation and performance measurement. This course equips you to understand these links, and provides a framework for developing growth, portfolio restructuring and performance improvement strategies.
With a focus on practical demonstration of tools and concepts, this course will provide you with tools and skills that can be applied in your workplace.
- Equips you to understand links between strategy, financial dimensions and organisational processes
- Provides a framework for developing growth, portfolio restructuring and performance improvement strategies
- Provides a practical demonstration of tools and concepts used for allocating capital resources
What you'll learn
- Understanding Shareholder Value - driving TSR and other value creation metrics
- Review of valuation principles and models
- Strategic and financial dimensions of value creation
- Capital allocation strategies
- Risk and project evaluation
- Issues in project evaluation
Tony is Executive Director, Corporate and Professional Education for Macquarie Business School at Macquarie University. Tony previously managed the Corporate Finance stream in the prestigious Master of Applied Finance. In addition to teaching Corporate Finance he introduced a range of new electiv...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.