Canadian Security & Intelligence Leadership Program
Canada and its domestic and international partners face a complex array of challenges in the security and intelligence domains. Strong personal, organizational and strategic leadership will be needed in the coming years to ensure Canada is prepared for these challenges, and able to make the right assessment on priority needs and effective means of meeting them. The Canadian Security and Intelligence Leadership Program is designed to enhance the skills of those who will be providing leadership in the next ten to fifteen years.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to provide strategic advice to decision-makers
- How enduring issues in security and intelligence may unfold in the future
- How experienced S&I leaders deal with current and anticipated challenges
- How to use internal and external partnerships to share information across organizational boundaries
- How to anticipate critical issues and respond to crises
- How to build personal and organizational resilience
- How to understand the leadership challenges of the changing cyber world
- How to deal with the legal and ethical issues in S&I leadership
- Strategies for maintaining a positive mindset when experiencing disagreement and conflict.
- Strategies for leading in complex systems.
- Methods for leveraging contradictions to increase stakeholder support and policy sustainability.
- Principles and strategies for leading change.
- Strategies for developing and managing talent.
Who should attend
This program is designed for promising executives (EX 1 and 2 or equivalent) in departments and agencies with a security and intelligence mandate, the program will expand executives’ frame of reference in order to prepare them for positions of greater responsibility and to facilitate transitions into senior leadership roles in the Canadian security and intelligence community.