Canadian Legal and Legislative Update
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans.Full disclaimer.
Canada’s increasingly diverse and older workforce composition, the growth in precarious work, and rapid technological changes are posing unique challenges for administrators and trustees of pension and benefit plans.
The Canadian Legal and Legislative Update covers recently enacted and proposed legislation as well as regulations, all pertaining to pensions and benefits. This 2 day conference is an opportunity to learn and interact with industry experts and to develop your understanding of the most critical issues in Canada. Get the latest information needed to make informed decisions while learning how legislative changes affect your funds.
This conference features interactive panels throughout. To get the most out of these sessions, come prepared with questions to interact directly with the experts, be ready to exhange views and information, experience a collaborative atmosphere and engage with peers.
- Pension Update—Recent Developments and Expected Changes
- What’s Changing in Benefits—Legislative Update
- Legislative Update Panel
- When Is It Permissible to Discriminate?
- Discrimination in Benefit Plans— What Should Trustees Do?
- Panel—Benefits Discrimination
- Keynote: Can You Trust Your Cyber Parachute?
- Prescription Drugs: Implications from USMCA and Beyond
- Privacy, Data and Cybersecurity: Evolving Considerations for Group Plan Management
- Claims Fraud—New World Trends and Solutions
- Cybersecurity and Fraud Panel
- Member Communications—Legal Obligations and Risks
- Communications—Manage Risk While Empowering Plan Members
- •Finding Solutions in the Haze
Benefits of Attending
- Hear from industry experts, regulators and government representatives.
- Focus on the critical information you need to know now with fresh and relevant topics.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the issues affecting the pensions and benefits industry and their effect on your funds.
- Take advantage of several networking opportunities.
Who should attend
This program is especially designed for labour and management trustees, public service trustees, professional advisors and corporate plan sponsors.