Who should attend
Trustees, administrators and staff who represent group benefit and health care plans in the Canadian corporate, multi-employer and public sectors. This conference would be of interest to any individual, including our American members, with an interest in wellness topics, whether individually or in the workplace.
About the course
With issues such as the opioid addiction, growing concerns regarding mental health, how to handle medical cannabis, and rising prescription drug prices, the past couple of years stand out as some of the most volatile times for multiemployer and public employee benefit plans.
The Canadian Health and Wellness Innovations Conference offers targeted and timely sessions on topics relevant to plan sponsors and participants. Explore new trends, share experiences and discover strategies to promote a complete culture of health.
Critical Care—What’s Happening in Our Health Care System
- Chronically Diseased—How Our Environments Are Making Us Sick and What We Can Do About It
- Nutrition Intervention for Chronic Diseases—How Plan Sponsors Can Help
- Chronic Disease Panel
- Disability Management—It's About More Than Disease
- Trend-Spotting—New Ways of Predicting and Managing, Drug Plan Costs
- Universal Pharmacare Debate—Pros and Cons
- Pathway to Coping—Developing Members' Mental Fitness
- Workplace 2020—Mental Health as a Strategic Asset
- Mental Health Panel
- The Power of Music in Care
- Stand Up Against Stigma
- Brain Health
- Finding Solutions in the Haze
- The Analytics Edge—Using Analytics to Improve Benefit Plan Outcomes
- Empowering Plan Members' to Make Smart Healthy Choices
Benefits of Attending
- Learn firsthand about the latest trends in health and wellness that could be important to your plan design.
- Find out how others have successfully introduced wellness initiatives to their members.
- Discover ways to motivate plan participants to take part in the shared responsibility for their own health.
- Interact directly with speakers at your choice of follow-up workshops.
- Experience on-site health resources such as a health fair and other coordinated activities.
- Online program materials, virtual conference, welcome reception, three continental breakfasts, two luncheons and beverage breaks.
Avinash is a senior consultant with PBI Actuarial Consultants Ltd., consulting to negotiated cost trusteed clients with regard to the provision of group benefit programs. He has over 20 years of insurance and consulting experience. Avinash has a broad range of experience in employee benefits and ...
Chris Anderson is co-founder and president of Medaca Health Group, Canada’s leading psychiatry-based early intervention service for mental health. Medaca’s treatment-focused approach helps employees in the early stages of absence to return to health and work in a timely and productive fashion. Me...
Leslie Beck is a contributing writer for The Globe and Mail. She writes Globe Life’s weekly Food for Thought column. As one of Canada’s leading nutritionists, Leslie is the Director of Food and Nutrition at Medcan and has run a thriving private practice in the heart of downtown Toronto since 1989...
Chris Bonnett established H3 Consulting in 1999, after 18 years of progressive experience in underwriting, reinsuring, selling, and marketing employee benefits. As Partner and Editor of an innovative publication for benefits advisors, he wrote dozens of practical health-focused articles aimed at ...
Tim Clarke is the founder of tc Health Consulting, drawing on nearly 24 years’ experience with a major international HR consulting firm, most recently as Health Chief Innovation Officer. In this role, he worked with Canadian and global employers to manage all elements of their Canadian employee b...
Work Director, Pension & Benefits Research @ Eckler Ltd. Lawyer, Pension & Benefits @ Eckler Ltd. Director, Canadian Research & Innovation Centre @ Towers Watson Education 1996 1999 LL.B. in Law @ Dalhousie University 1991 1994 B.A. in Political Science, English @ University of To...
Bev Foster, Executive Director of the Room 217 Foundation, is an experienced performer, songwriter and music educator whose inspirational music has received numerous awards and nominations. A teacher in both the Ontario school system and her private studio for many years, former executive directo...
Experienced, entrepreneurial-minded executive with a demonstrated history of leading through change to engage teams and grow business. Over 20 years working in disability management, EAP, wellness, benefits, occupational health and other aspects of workplace health programs from plan sponsor, pro...
Appointments: Professor of Health Promotion, School of Health and Human Performance, Dalhousie University; Scientific Director, Health Populations Institute, Dalhousie University; Member, CIHR Institute Advisory Board, Institute of Human Development, Child and Youth Health (IHDCYH). Affiliations...
André Picard is the health columnist at The Globe and Mail and one of Canada’s top public policy writers. His latest book is MATTERS OF LIFE AND DEATH: Public Health Issues in Canada. http://www.douglas-mcintyre.com/book/matters-of-life-and-death He is also the author of the best-selling books ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.