Canadian Economics: A Primer in Current Marcro-Economic Themes
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Alberta School of Business.Full disclaimer.
How does the economy actually work? What are the main conceptual pillars on which the study of economics is built? And how can we better think about where Canada's and Alberta's economies are headed in the 21st century?
These and many other questions will form the basis of the course.
- The Main "building blocks" of economics: what drives consumer demand? And what drives producer supply?
- Economic indicators: how to interpret the signposts of the economy
- Money and Central Banking: the role of monetary policy
- Public Finance: the role of government taxation and spending in the current context
- Global Economics: trade theory, and Canada and Alberta in the global context
The course will be structured to cover material presented in all five of these chapters, but the emphasis will be on classroom discussion and exploration.