Cambridge Business Coaching Programme
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Møller Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
Coaching is increasingly considered an integral part of organisations’ strategic direction, infusing a person-centered and purpose-driven learning culture across the organisation to drive effective communication and accelerate performance.
In a fast-speed, globally competitive and complex world, organisation leaders must act quickly, decisively and confidently. Yet two-thirds of CEOs do not receive coaching or leadership advice, according to Harvard Business Review, despite evidence that organisations employing coaching produce stronger market performance.
The Cambridge Business Coaching Programme is an introductory yet intensive programme that equips individuals with the skills, knowledge and capability to practice as accredited business coaches – whether within their own teams or more broadly across the organisation. Acting as that reality check for others is a hugely rewarding and important role in any organisation.
The Cambridge Business Coaching Programme lays the foundations for participants to practice as confident, accredited business coaches, able to raise the performance and capabilities of their staff. Echoing Cambridge’s culture of learning, this programme by Møller Institute offers participants a unique, calm and focused environment to be immersed in the development of their coaching capability.
The programme equips its participants with the knowledge, skills and capacities for them to respond with empathy, resilience and presence to the emotional and psychological dimensions presented in the coaching environment.
What to expect from the Cambridge Business Coaching Programme
The Cambridge Business Coaching Programme takes place over approximately nine months, and is divided into three modules, consisting of a total of 10 days’ training. It is a full-board, introductory programme that requires no previous coaching experience.
Between modules, delegates will receive ongoing 1:1 supervision and peer support, and are required to read coaching books (approximately 3 hours per week) and provide evidence of 30-hours coaching practice.
The three modules are:
- The Foundations for Effective Business Coaching This module covers the knowledge, skills and behaviours integral to delivering effective coaching, barrier and strategies to overcome these, and understanding the coaching ‘lifecycle’.
- Developing Your Coaching Skills and Practice This module covers developing self-awareness and raising awareness within the client, the influence of psychology in coaching, working with values, and coaching alongside other approaches.
- Fulfilling the Role of Coaching Within Organisations This module covers the role and responsibility of the business coach, the role of self in the coaching relationship, managing the coaching relationship, management and leadership issues and more.
This style of programme is heavily practical, with live coaching demonstrations, supervised coaching sessions, supervision, observed coaching sessions, tutored coaching sessions. The assessment element is via a case study, personal coaching journal and in-class observation.
The Møller Coaching Philosophy
Underpinning the coaching philosophy at Møller Institute is that:
- Coaching is performance-focused at individual, team and organisation level
- Coaching is person-centered, encouraging accountability and a learning culture
- Coaching is appropriate and safe, providing a secure ‘holding’ and containing environment
The Møller philosophy is that in developing a coaching style of leadership within an organisation helps overcome the psychological barriers and ‘weak spots’ of not just those being coached, but infuses an internal coaching culture within the whole organisation. This people-centered approach promotes higher levels of performance and purpose; key ingredients to organisational change and innovation.
The Cambridge Business Coaching Programme provides the skills, practice and insights essential to those who aspire to become accredited coaches; a capability that many private businesses and public sector organisations are now urgently seeking to develop.
Infusing a coaching culture within any organisation is a proven way to spread knowledge, share purpose, increase motivation and attain workplace performance goals efficiently. Business leaders have a crucial role to play in supporting employees who demonstrate an appetite to develop their coaching mindset and capabilities, and in ensuring this investment is spread across the organisation.