Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- Anyone who has to write on behalf of their organisation
- Those who are required to write reports or proposals
- Managers who are responsible for ensuring their team members communicate clearly in their writing
- New employees who would like to write professionally without prior experience
About the course
Strategies for writing better, faster, easier
When you write in business, you are representing both your own reputation, and the reputation of your company. So it’s a key skill to master. Yet writing well is not something that comes easily to all of us.
This course provides an opportunity for you to learn an easy process to convert those random thoughts into clear written communication. You can apply this process to hastily written emails, or a complex report.
You will gain vital knowledge, skills and practice in these four essential areas for effective communication:
- Thinking about your message and the audience
- Structure and arranging your thoughts logically for the reader
- Language you use to make your messages clear
- Layout ensuring easy scanning and a professional look
This is a practical workshop, where you will be able to learn and apply the learning directly to your own work. Bring along some recent or current work, with a view to polishing it up in our workshop.
We will cover:
- Why writing can be challenging for us
- The principles of written communication
- The importance of focusing on your reader
- A five-step process for crafting clear writing from emails to reports
- Sorting out those irksome grammar bits
- Be able to write better, faster, easier
- Deal with your particular writing issues
- Come away with a process to follow for better writing
Your organisation will:
- Be well represented through your writing
- Gain a more consistent brand of professionalism
- Reduce time spent on your writing
Nick established the business training organisation Training for Change in 1994. His purpose is to offer training and facilitation services to corporate business in the area of human dynamics – the interface of people working with people. He has a background in teaching, television production, s...