Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Mid-level professionals who want to improve their business writing
- New and experienced managers who often craft professional documents and present complex ideas
- Content writers and marketers
- Professionals who write web and promotional copy
About the course
Writing well is the key to advancing our agenda and our ideas. We communicate in writing all the time—in e-mails, in memos, and in reports. But how can we make our writing compelling? And how can we ensure our messages have impact? This one-day course explores the essentials of effective writing. Through individual and group exercises, participants will learn how to write convincing e-mails, compose a memo/executive summary, and incorporate powerful anecdotes. In addition, participants will receive personalized feedback on both their structure and style. Participants will leave the program with an improved ability to write clearly and persuasively.
In our two-day Business Writing course, we will explore and dive deeper into learning the fundamentals of effective writing. In individual and group exercises, we will offer practical techniques to write clearly and persuasively in any business setting. Through guided writing prompts, you will discover how to use powerful writing to communicate your ideas in a meaningful and memorable way.
What you will learn
- Present your ideas clearly and persuasively through strong professional writing
- Incorporate storytelling techniques to create compelling content
- Convey complex information in a structured and effective manner
Steven D. Cohen is a leading expert on persuasive communication and effective presentation skills. He is an accomplished scholar and dynamic trainer who has brought research-based insights to clients in a wide range of industries. Cohen is well known for helping leaders and professionals speak wi...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.