Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with McCombs School of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Learn the valuation tools and techniques used to estimate enterprise values, as well as large-scale investments in power plants, refineries, and oil and gas development projects.
Familiarize yourself with the valuation tools and techniques used to estimate enterprise values and large-scale investments in power plants, refineries, and oil and gas development projects. In this class, you’ll gain the model-building and interpretation skills to become an intelligent consumer of the models you'll encounter when valuing projects and companies.
Examine the economics, strategy, business valuation, and finance specific to the energy industry, offering you a focused look at your field.
1-Day Focused Program
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 with a one-hour networking lunch included.
Our Energy classes are held in Houston, the energy capital of the world.
- Learn how to construct discounted cash flow forecasts used to value the business enterprise
- Estimate the appropriate cost of capital for valuing projects that have different risks
- Carry out sensitivity analysis of valuation projects including break-even sensitivity analysis and simulation
- Develop an understanding of the value creation potential hidden in your firmthat could make it attractive to private equity investors
- Overview of valuation methods
- Valuing E&P properties today
- Risk analysis and simulation
- Private equity interest in energy
- Real option analysis
Trust the experts
Associate Director of the Master of Science in Finance Program Department of Finance Ph.D., University of Texas, 1998 Joe Hahn is a Clinical Associate Professor of Finance and Associate Director of the Master of Science in Finance Program in the McCombs School of Business at the University of...