Business & Technology
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Olin Business School.Full disclaimer.
Business challenges and opportunities caused by technology evolution are continually present in every industry. Companies are required to exploit new opportunities and defend markets aggressively or risk losing market share and being eclipsed by others. However, exactly how to do this is often poorly understood and ineffectually managed.
Innovation is the overarching concept that captures turning technology into something of value. Innovation activities are responsible for small changes to existing products and services as well as the introduction of fundamentally new products and services (and everything in between). In this course, students will learn about technology evolution and how businesses use innovation activities to harness new opportunities created by this evolution.
- Concepts in technology evolution
- IT evolution and new capabilities
- Service-based offerings and service-oriented innovation
- Company API (application programming interfaces, or a set of routines, protocols, tools) and platform services
- Understand what causes technologies to evolve
- Get exposed to the evolution of specific information technologies and their unique impact across industries
- Understand the need for innovation management and the importance of developing an innovation ecosystem
- Gain an appreciation for the impact of service innovations that are enabled by company platforms and APIs