About the course
Business challenges and opportunities caused by technology evolution are continually present in every industry. Companies are required to exploit new opportunities and defend markets aggressively or risk losing market share and being eclipsed by others. However, exactly how to do this is often poorly understood and ineffectually managed.
Innovation is the overarching concept that captures turning technology into something of value. Innovation activities are responsible for small changes to existing products and services as well as the introduction of fundamentally new products and services (and everything in between). In this course, students will learn about technology evolution and how businesses use innovation activities to harness new opportunities created by this evolution.
- Concepts in technology evolution
- IT evolution and new capabilities
- Service-based offerings and service-oriented innovation
- Company API (application programming interfaces, or a set of routines, protocols, tools) and platform services
- Understand what causes technologies to evolve
- Get exposed to the evolution of specific information technologies and their unique impact across industries
- Understand the need for innovation management and the importance of developing an innovation ecosystem
- Gain an appreciation for the impact of service innovations that are enabled by company platforms and APIs
Bryan Doerr is a Product Manager for Cisco Stealthwatch Cloud. He is focused on helping customers realize the benefits of the public cloud and digital business while maintaining an environment resilient to attacks and security risks. Bryan joined Cisco from Observable Networks, where he served as...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.