Business System Analysis
Business systems analysis is the elicitation, analysis and specification of the logical requirements of a business in order to design and build or procure effective computer-bases business systems.
In this Oxford Business System Analysis training seminar, participants will gain knowledge of the right approaches, tasks and techniques to define the requirements for business system projects. They will learn about gathering business requirements from users and other stakeholders; analyzing and communicating these requirements; creating models and use cases that describe the requirements; defining business rules and requirements specifications to communicate them to solution developers.
They will also explore a broad spectrum of current techniques that can be used to ensure that systems are comprehensively described and correctly defined.
This Oxford training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Understand the Role of the Business Systems Analyst, the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and How the System Scope is defined
- Identify System Stakeholders
- Appreciate the range of techniques used to elicit requirements from Stakeholders
- Develop System Context Diagrams
- Define System Actor Goals and Convert these to Use Cases
- Write Effective Business Rules
- Document Functional and Non-functional Business Requirements
- Compile a Business Requirements Specification
State-of-the-art business systems analysis methods and techniques are transferred by means of short, focused presentations which are followed by experiential learning workshop sessions. In these sessions the knowledge gained is applied to real-world examples and case studies. Rapid learning of the methods and techniques is achieved by means of group work, individual work, participant discussion, facilitator interaction and constructive feedback.
- Reduced information technology development risk, costs and time overruns
- Improved integration of information technology projects with business needs
- Improved communication between the business and the information technology department of the organisation
- The correct fit between the requirements of the organisation and information systems that are developed or procured
- Work more effectively in or with a systems development project
- Have the ability to gather elicit business requirements from users
- Be able to comprehensively identify the requirements of the business
- Effectively communicate business requirements to developers
Who should attend
This Oxford Business System Analysis training course is designed for business and systems analysts, enterprise architects, systems development project leaders, systems development team members and managers who need to understand more about this vital link between business users and IT systems.