Business Success in the Chinese Era
Keep up with China’s development and win in the future market
No other country has transformed itself more rapidly than China in the past half century. China has undergone a shift from a largely agrarian society to an industrial powerhouse – it is the second largest economy by nominal GDP and the world's largest economy by purchasing power parity. Furthermore, once the world’s factory, China moves up to 17th in WIPO innovation ranking in 2018 and is on its way to become a technology powerhouse.
The English-language program Business success in the new Chinese era is becoming strategically important for both newcomers and expert western players in the Chinese market. Without doubt, China’s consumer market will stay a key growth area but the competitive landscape will become even more complex when Chinese companies become threateningly better along the state-led tech revolution. Newcomers have to design their path to the new China carefully and essentially differently to older practices whereas existing western companies have to reflect on the sustainability of its current China strategy.
To ensure business success in this new Chinese era, decision makers have to understand the latest political changes and market developments in China, gain a deeper understanding about the cultural roots of the Chinese way of doing business and and refresh his or her knowledge on success factors in this very dynamic market.
In the first module "Understanding the new Chinese era" at ESMT in Berlin participants will gain insights in the following areas that are of key importance in designing their business activities in China now or in the future.
- Country level: Decoding the Chinese political and macroeconomic system, state-led innovation and industrial policy
- Company level: Understanding the latest China-European business activities, the motivations behind and a brief outlook in the future
- Individual & consumer level: Demystifying how Chinese think and act; the characteristics of Chinese consumers and its implication for business operation in China
In the second module "Leading Business in the new Chinese era", participants will travel to three different Chinese cities within 5 days to
- verify what they have learned in the first module and learn on-the-spot the Chinese way of doing business by visiting leading Chinese technology companies
- expand their network in China and build relationship with relevant stakeholders for successful business in China
- immerse themselves in the digital daily life of a Chinese and understand the future customers
- sensitize themselves in intercultural communication and management
Understanding the new Chinese era
Political and market development, industrial and innovation policy, impact on China-European business activities, Chinese way of doing business and Chinese consumers
Leading Business in the new Chinese era
Market entry & second home strategy, Chinese market, digitalization and technology innovation, stakeholders for business success, cultural experience, digital experience
Participants will gain up-to-date knowledge about the new Chinese era and its impact on business, learn about successful approaches in entering and mastering the Chinese market and gain immersive digital experience to understand the market and consumers.
All ESMT programs are practice-oriented and generate fresh perspectives. The company will have manager ready to design, re-design its China strategy and eventually operate on the ground. In addition, this program will capitalize on the exchange between executives from different countries, industries, and companies – a diverse network whose joint knowledge will be available for the benefit of the participant’s company.
Who should attend
Decision makers from any company or organization whose business existence and growth have been, are or will be influenced by the rise of China.