This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Question your assumptions and ideas about strategy.
Although strategy is a widely-used concept, many managers are not sufficiently equipped with the necessary tools and frameworks to truly understand how to develop and implement an effective strategy.
This programme will give you the opportunity to analyse real-life challenges faced in strategic management, providing you with a sound understanding of strategy fundamentals and how to apply tools and frameworks of strategic management and subsequently linking them back to business success and competitive advantage.
The programme focuses on strategy design i.e. the content of strategy and the practices and processes by which the 'content' is arrived at. The key areas of the programme are business units, corporates and functional strategy. The learnings derived from the programme can be applied at corporate and functional levels in organisations.
This programme will encourage you to ask serious questions about your assumptions and ideas about strategy. Through its interactive and action-oriented format, this programme will facilitate cross-learning and ensure that you will leave being able to implement the learnings immediately back in the workplace.
How you will benefit
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Describe true strategy;
- Identify good and bad strategies;
- Leverage business opportunities;
- Describe and apply strategy process, design and execution;
- Explain strategy theory;
- Improve competitiveness
Key focus areas:
- Strategy in context;
- The history of corporate strategy; and
- Strategy design.
- Strategy execution;
- Case study preparation; and
- Case study analysis.
Who should attend
- Managers involved in making strategic decisions for their teams and the organisation;
- Functional specialists working in strategic roles;
- Business unit heads transitioning from operational to more strategic roles; and
- Individuals needing a solid foundation in key strategy concepts and how to apply them.
Trust the experts
Matthew is a Faculty member in Strategy at GIBS, and previously was the Head of Strategy and Africa Deal Strategy Leader at two global advisory firms. He has close to 20 years’ experience within strategic advisory. Having led high deal value local and international engagements in Sub Saharan Afri...