Business Retention and Expansion Iedc
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
While attracting a new company, a community gets lots of press attention. An even more important economic development strategy is the retention and expansion of a community's existing businesses. A strong business retention and expansion (BRE) program ensures that the needs of local businesses are not only heard, but also addressed. In this course, you will learn the "red flags" that may indicate a company is looking to move elsewhere, as well as how to structure an effective system to respond to business concerns.
What You Will Learn
- How to approach business retention and expansion.
- Models for business visitations and surveys.
- Tracking feedback and response.
- Fostering and strengthening business alliances.
How You Will Benefit
- Establish, maintain, and upgrade a BRE program.
- Create effective models for business visitations and surveys.
- Learn Customer-Relationship Management (CRM) techniques.
- Market a BRE program.
- Establish an early warning system.
- Review cluster and industry-focused BRE programs.
- Track and analyze customer feedback and response.
- Develop quantitative and qualitative economic development metrics.
- How to approach BRE
- Understand the signs and getting there
- The team
- Nuts and bolts
- The questionnaire
- Improving the product
Who should attend
This course is designed for economic developers who handle business retention and expansion.