Business Process Management Certificate
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Executive Development Center.Full disclaimer.
Management By Process
The Association of Business Process Management Professionals International (ABPMP) considers Business Process Management (BPM®) to be both a management discipline and a set of technologies that support managing by process.
BPM is a disciplined approach to identify, design, execute, document, measure, monitor, and control both automated and non-automated business processes to achieve consistent, targeted results aligned with an organization’s strategic goals. BPM involves the deliberate, collaborative, and increasingly technology-aided definition, improvement, innovation, and management of end-to-end business processes that drive business results, create value, and enable an organization to meet its business objectives with more agility. This course aligns with the ABPMP Common Body of Knowledge (BPM CBOK®) and is designed for individuals with a broad range of experience and expectations related to the subject of process-centric methods and approaches. It is an excellent foundation course for individuals new to process management and who need to gain practical insight regarding the alignment of business processes with enterprise strategic planning and goal setting.
- Management discipline for continuous process improvement
- Structure and organization of process management within the enterprise
- Definitions of BPM concepts and terminologies
- Technologies used in process management
- BPM Lifecycle
- Critical success factors
Business Process Improvement, Modelling and Management
You will learn to focus on the underlying business problem rather than the software solution.
Business Process Improvement, Modelling and Management will train you to creatively improve, analyze, measure, describe and document business processes, both in their current and future states.
What You Will Learn
- Discover creative ideas for improving processes through the six enablers
- Use state of the art modelling techniques, such as BPMN
- Link process improvement to your organizational goals
- Elicit, structure, model and document key process data and metrics
- Process improvement approaches and philosophies
- Tried-and-tested process analysis and improvement techniques
- What is a ‘business process’ and what it isn’t
- Process modelling in a business analysis context
- Process modelling in the overall Solution Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Process modelling techniques, focusing on Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN)
- Presenting and communicating process models
- Typical problems and issues in business process modelling
- Verification and validation of process models
- Advanced modelling techniques
Featuring a Complete Approach
Featuring Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN) simulation exercises
BPMN goes beyond objects and systems-oriented modelling by encompassing business users and process implementers. It is ideal in any IT or organization-wide initiative.
In addition to instructor training and rich course material, the course features a powerful, integrated case study with hands-on practice exercises. The exercises provide participants with realistic, challenging experience on improving processes, from beginning to end.
Course content details
Introduction to Process Modelling and Management
- What is process management?
- What is process improvement?
- What is process modelling?
- Understanding process modelling and management in a business analysis context
- Roles and responsibilities
Conducting a Business Process Review
- Definition of a business process
- Process identification and inventory
- Process description, context and boundaries
- Business process assessment
Process Modelling with BPMN: Using Leading-Edge Techniques
- Types of process models
- Presentation of current standards
- The case for BPMN (Business Process Modelling Notation)
- Basic BPMN modelling
Process Problem Analysis: Improvement Opportunities
- Problem identification and root-cause analysis
- Process metrics
- Determining improvement targets
The Six Enablers of Process Improvement
- Process improvements beyond technology
- The six enablers to reaching your improvement goals
- Modelling the ‘TO-BE’ state
- Advanced BPMN symbology
- Complexity – the reality of business operations today
- Avoiding spaghetti logic
- Common pitfalls and traps
- Dealing with levels of detail
- Challenges of presenting models
- Dealing with business rules
Process Modelling and Management Tools
- The case for CASE tools
- Modelling and management tools
- Key features and functions of process modelling and process management tools
Business Goals and Process Management
- Positioning process management within the business context
- Achieving continuous improvement through your business processes
- Setting goals for back at the office
Who should attend
This 3-day course is recommended for people with a minimum of three years of business experience, including at least two years of specific business analysis experience, such as:
- Process managers, modellers and designers
- Business process and system analysts
- Business analysts and senior analysts
- Enterprise analysts and architects
- Functional, process and requirements analysts
- Business modellers
...as well as others who may have job-design responsibilities, business process ownership, are engaged in functional and/or business process improvements, or who are looking to expand their understanding of business processes.