Business Models for a Sustainable Energy Future (Booster Program)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with European School of Management and Technology.Full disclaimer.
The in-depth view on the emerging new energy system from a business perspective.
The energy sector is undergoing a radical transformation – in Germany, in Europe, but also on a global scale: The rise of decentralized energy generation leads to a range of new players and disruptive technologies, while the shale gas boom lets us re-assess the size of our fossil reserves.
In this English language program we want to shed light on the emerging new energy system from a business perspective. We are less concerned with details of regulation and technologies (although, of course, they matter and can trigger important changes), but with strategies that established players and new entrants pursue in their quest to benefit from the transition – or merely survive in the years to come.
- in-depth view into the changes that will shape the energy sector in the future
- enhanced skills with respect to identifying critical information and issues in complex situations and offering new solutions to complex problems
- understand and be able to exploit the potential of technology for innovation and growth, including showing an understanding of the importance of technology in delivering a more sustainable future for business, and being innovative in developing business solutions
- Evaluating market developments: What are the drivers of the new energy system? Which new markets develop?
- Analyzing strategies and business models: Which counter-strategies do incumbents follow? How do new competitors enter the markets?
- Selecting new business models: Which trade-offs exist between different implementation and commercialization strategies of innovations?
Who should attend
Executives wanting to acquire new strategic skills and familiarize themselves with new business models to react to the changing emerging market.
(Although the course is about the energy sector, it does not require an industry background. If you are generally interested in the developments that take place in this industry, you are most welcome to participate and share your own expertise in strategy, innovation, and business transformation with the group and enrich the discussions.)