Who should attend
- Senior executives involved in strategy formulation and business development
- Strategy, marketing and operations executives looking to understand the role of business models, strategy and operations
- Strategy, marketing and operations consultants who provide advice on major strategic innovation programmes
- Functional leaders and managers who are seeking to understand the role of business model design on performance
About the course
This course will focus on understanding the concept of business models, identifying and implementing new business models to create sustainable competitive advantage.
The intensity of technological change due to digitalisation, the progress of globalisation and shifts in industry borders has created opportunities for new business models. Indeed, business model innovation can create huge opportunities while threatening traditional means of generating revenue. Such innovations can, consequently, make the fortunes of some firms while killing the market positions of others. This course will focus on understanding the concept of business models, identifying and implementing new business models to create sustainable competitive advantage.
What you will learn
- Understand business model innovation and how it differs conceptually from other forms of innovation
- Cover the strategic challenges for incumbent firms and new firms in responding to opportunities for business model innovation
- Think systematically about digital technologies and their implication for business model innovation
- Consider the key principles of organisational design and leadership issues for implementing new business models
Chander Velu is a University Senior Lecturer in the Cambridge University Engineering Department. He is a Fellow at Selwyn College, Cambridge. Prior to joining the Institute for Manufacturing, he was a member of the faculty at Cambridge Judge Business School. Prior to his academic career, Chander...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.