Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This program is designed for in-house counsel who need management and leadership skills to advance their careers and contribute in meaningful ways to their organization’s executive team. Whether you are new to in-house counsel, in a mid-level position, serving as Senior Counsel, or acting as the sole Legal Officer, the program will offer the knowledge and insights you need to have a lasting impact on your organization.
About the course
One smart investment. Endless possibilities.
Grow your influence and earning potential! Register for the Business Leadership Program for In-House Counsel, offered by the CCCA in conjunction with Rotman School of Management – the only program of its kind in Canada.
WHY BECOME CERTIFIED?
Today’s business environment calls for in-house counsel who are trusted legal advisors and strategic business partners, who understand business issues and have strong financial literacy skills. The Business Leadership Program for In-House Counsel will give you the competitive edge you need to pave the way toward a leadership role within your organization.
Upon completion of this program, you will join an exclusive group of Canadian lawyers with the designation of Certified In-House Counsel – Canada (CIC.C).
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
This 10-month program consists of live online sessions taught by Rotman School of Management faculty at the University of Toronto, combined with a self-paced online component.
Guided by expert professors and executives-in-residence, you will learn how to:
- Contribute to your organization’s strategic planning and success
- Understand business financial statements and the bottom-line impact of executive decisions
- Enhance your legal advice with strategic business insight
- Position yourself as a meaningful member of the senior team
YOUR COURSE OF STUDY
The program curriculum delivers the knowledge you need to succeed:
Understanding and Navigating Organizational Dynamic
- The Role of In-House Counsel
- The Nature of Strategic Management
- Organizational Structure and the Evolution of Design as Organizations Grow
- The Causes and Consequences of Organizational Culture
- Effective Problem Solving and Decision Making
Business Leadership Application
- Business Communications
- Intellectual Property
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Regulatory Compliance
- Risk Management
Developing as a Manager
- Fundamentals of Financial Management
- Effective Communication in Business Environment
- The Personal and Organizational Challenges of the Transition to Manager
The Effective General Counsel – From Manager to Leader
- Managing the Unique Challenges of the Legal Department
- Risk Management
- The Journey from Manager to Leader
- CIC.C Written and Interview Assessment
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.