Who should attend
This program has been designed for executives and professionals with diverse needs from any sector or functional area, including managers who:
- Want to learn data analytics tools and techniques and leverage insights from big data to allow their organization to make better business decisions
- Are tasked with implementing, enhancing or expanding the role of analytics in their organization
- Currently work on analytics projects or are involved with a data team, and want to increase their fluency in the domain and their command of its tools and techniques
- Require a data analytics certificate to enhance their skill set
About the course
“Moneyball” insights are real! Locate the Moneyball instances within your organization by asking the right data questions, and then successfully present insights using data visualization.
Finding “Moneyballs” with Analytics
- Explore Applied Moneyball Theory as a unique value multiplier
- Unlock thinking and skills for identifying high value moneyballs
- Create predictive measures and questions to ask of the data
- Convince decision makers to invest in Moneyball opportunities
Data Visualization with Tableau
- Ask the right questions to reveal patterns and trends
- Illustrate actionable insights with data visualizations
- Empower decision makers with management dashboards
- Apply design principles, visual theory and data storytelling
Biography Diana Kawarsky specializes in business communications for Schulich’s Executive Education Centre, York University. In addition, she is a facilitator, adult educator, coach and management consultant with Fortune 500 companies throughout North America. Her experience spans nearly 20 years....
Murat Kristal, PhD, is an associate professor of operations management at Schulich School of Business at York University. He teaches in the areas of business operations strategy, channel management and customer modeling. Dr. Kristal received his PhD from the Kenan-Flagler Business School at Unive...
Biography Program Director, Centre of Excellence in Innovation Management, author and founding partner of Mitchell Consulting. Megan is one of Canada’s top innovation practitioners with over 20 years experience in innovation, marketing, sales, HR and leadership. Her passion is leadership effectiv...
Biography David is the President of DHE Consulting where he leverages over 20 years of experience working with leading organizations across industries, helping guide them to make use of their data assets and providing solution implementation. An experienced lecturer and trainer, David provides an...
Ikjyot completed his undergraduate education in physics and mathematics at the University of Toronto. Following this, he obtained both his master’s and PhD degrees in mathematical physics from York University specializing in General Relativity and Dynamical systems. Ikjyot developed a passion for...
Dr. George J. Georgopoulos is from London Ontario. He received his undergraduate degree in Economics from the University of Western Ontario, M.A. and PhD in Economics from the University of Toronto, where he is now an Associate Professor of Economics at York University. He is also the Graduate Pr...
Keith is a scale-up adviser and venture builder who advises high-potential, high-scale businesses on their technology, revenue and go-to-market strategies. He is heavily involved in the Canadian tech start-up community, and mentors, consults, and advises out of several incubators and accelerators...
Principle at Design AI Ltd. Advising companies on digital sustainability and unlocking moneyballs. Eugene previously held the position of Executive Vice‐President, Digital Excellence and Technology Advisor, for Canadian Tire Corporation (CTC). Eugene started his career in telecommunications and h...
Hemant Sangwan (PhD-Business, University of Toronto) is a professor of marketing at Seneca College and also affiliated with Master in Business Analytics (MBAN) program and the Schulich Executive Education Centre (SEEC) at Schulich School of Business at York University. His teaching assignments in...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.