Who should attend
This OXFORD Business Fundamentals online training course aims to take participants’ written and oral skills to higher levels. It is for a wide range of professionals whose work requires them to communicate with others:
- New & Experienced Supervisors
- Team Leaders & Line Managers
- Marketing, HR and PR Professionals
About the course
In today’s business environment, it is essential that the writing and speaking skills are of the highest professional standard. How well you communicate can make or break your own professional image as well as perceptions of your organisation. It directly influences how others view your work and performance, as well as your prospects for career advancement and mobility.
This OXFORD Business Fundamentals online training course has been specifically designed to develop the competency of professionals to equip them with the necessary skills and confidence to achieve excellence in spoken and written communication. The course includes a wealth of practical guidance on improving the effectiveness of various forms of spoken and written communication. If you want your reports, memos, letters and e-mails to be read with interest and acted upon and if you want to be able to present your ideas with impact and effectiveness, this is the right training course for you.
This online training seminar will highlight:
- The importance of professional levels of written and spoken English
- Proven ways to improve the effectiveness of various forms of written communication
- Power language to improve influence and impact
- Presentation skills to persuade even the most hostile audience
- How to convey a credible message and create concise messages using a structured process?
By the end of this online training seminar, you will be able to:
- Meet the needs of your readers / audiences, by helping them achieve their own objectives
- Listen more intently and deeply to understand others and their needs and requirements
- Write clearer, more effective and professional e-mails, letters and reports
- Speak in front of a group with greater confidence
- Build rapport with your audiences and clients
- Confidently use the right techniques, tools and skills for a wide variety of communication challenges
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Establishing the Groundwork in Written and Spoken Communication
- What is successful business communication?
- Establishing a Clear Brief by Careful Listening and Questioning
- Barriers to Effective Communication and How to Overcome Them
- Mindfulness, Rapport and Charisma Building
- The Role of Emotional Intelligence in Successful Communication
- The Types of Communication to Meet the Needs of Brief and Audience
Developing Professional Writing Skills
- Fundamentals of Business English – key grammar and structure rules
- Fundamentals of Business English – structures and phrases to avoid
- Structure – Why clear structure helps decision making?
- Structuring an Argument Coherently and Logically
- The Skoosh Case – Introduction – identifying typical written mistakes
- Generating Ideas for Writing and Presenting – mind mapping and brain storming
Professional Written Presentation
- Characteristics of Effective Writing
- Key Plain English Techniques and How to Apply Them
- Avoiding Clichés, Jargon and Management-speak
- Improving Clarity with Headings and Sub-headings
- Using Tables, Diagrams, Figures and Graphs
Mastering the Language of Business Persuasion
- Writing and Presenting for a Target Audience and Specific Purpose
- Persuasive Argumentation
- A Process to Marshal Support for Your Ideas
- Powerful Words and Phrases to Influence Outcomes
- Influence and Persuasion – The lessons from marketing sales and public administration
- Constructing a Strong Opening and Powerful Conclusion
Becoming a Fluent and Professional Speaker and Communicator
- How to control your nerves and manage stress before delivering?
- Presenting: do's and dont's
- Storytelling as a Vehicle for Key Messages
- Body Language and Posture for Success
- Rehearsal: Giving and Receiving Feedback to Increase Performance
- Course Evaluation and Action Planning
Oxford e-Certificate will be provided to delegates who have attended and completed the online course outline.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.